Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Life is Good

We've had a lot of good times over the last little while.  The sun has been shining and I have loved it.  I'm always more productive when that happens.  We got the pile of trees moved.  For Valentines day Ben bought me some fruit trees-so excited.  I can't wait to plant them and see what they produce this summer.  Last night we had a fire in our fire pit and did FHE out there with s'mores for our treat.  It has just been fun using our backyard and working to make it better.  
Inside I've been working on smaller projects.  Repainting things (my sister gave me the idea to paint my knife thing), getting free stuff from yard sale and redoing them, and I even took down the kitchen cabinets.  
This was my free bench that I repainted and reupholstered the top.  Total cost=$3.20.  With this bench we were able to move the piano bench out to the piano. 
We got Daisy tested for speech classes.  Turns out her speech isn't bad enough to qualify her but her scores were still pretty darn low.  Lucky for her she is incredibly social and it will make up for lacking in other areas.  She is funny though.  She wanted to get these cheese balls just for when Olive comes to visit however she will probably eat them before Olive comes.  
We made our own Valentines this year.  Once again, I'm not a good involved mom who does crafts with her kids all the time so this was good for me.  The girls had fun making them and I was proud that I took the time to craft with them.
We also got another bunny and I redid the bunny cage.  I rebuilt it so that there would be a second story for the cage a place underneath for them to play in.  Although Hershey's idea of playing is simply trying to dig her way out of there.  We have to be careful with that.  Heidi bought a second bunny-Butterscotch.

Heidi is a total nerd.  We've all known that for a while but after watching the video she makes there is no way to even pretend she will ever be a cool kid one day.  I blame it on her Taylor genes.  She reminds me so much of Kimmie it is ridiculous.  I've seen videos that Kimmie and Curtis made when they were younger and Heidi is following right in her footsteps.  She even say 'thank you' the same way Kimmie does.  I wouldn't change her though.  I love that I can count on her nerdiness to know she will always try to do what it right and get her homework done without having to be asked.  
 
And sadly-very sadly-I got an Oregon driver's license today.  Last Tuesday Ben went to the DMV and picked up a manual for us to read before we took the test.  Two days later he got pulled over (first time ever).  He got a ticket for an out-of-state license.  Lame.  I guess since we bought a house and Ben is building a practice here I have to let go of Tennessee but I seriously cried because I was afraid they would keep my license and I just didn't want to give up the last thing that was proof of my life there.  I loved living there.  I feel like it is my home and that while living there I was the best version of myself.  I accomplished things there that I never thought I would do.  Can you blame me for not wanting to let go?  Luckily I got to keep my old license :)  
I like our life here in Medford.  Just last Sunday we grilled chicken on our back deck, had dinner where Ben convinced Blake he was eating and barfing a fake donut back up and Blake loved it, cleaned up, the kids played and colored while Ben and I went over budget stuff and it was just peaceful.  It was one of those moments where life was great and you felt so much love within the walls of your own home.  So even though I feel less accomplished than I did in Memphis I know that we are on the right track to building a happy family.  We've just changed the direction of our efforts and where we devote our time.   I guess that is just what happens when you grow up.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey I turned out pretty cool, even after those videos. Heidi has a chance!

Big Mama said...

I got fruit trees for vday too! :-) our husbands are brilliant!

The Riries said...

You are awesome. :) Didn't know you were in Oregon now!