Monday, February 11, 2013

Kaylee's Birthday

Has it really been that long since I posted last?  I have been really busy here at the house getting projects done that I haven't had time for much lately.  I did get the entryway almost finished and the bathroom.  I will have to put up pictures of that.  The only problem is that in my "free makeovers" I don't get to buy the accessories that go along with it right away so they aren't as completed as I would like them to be before I put up pictures.  I
ll try to get those done this week though.  

Kaylee turned seven.  She is a funny girl.  Very hard.  I argue with her more than all the other kids combined I would say.  Her perspective on things is completely different from mine so I am constantly trying to explain things to her.  I often have to say, "I'm trying to teach you..." so that she knows that it is not only part of my job as her mom but also for her benefit to just obey me.  She is hard.  She is also really fun when she is good.  She has a certain strength about her that the other girls don't.  It's quite impressive.

This year she wanted to get her ears pierced.  Her birthday fell on a sunday so she got to celebrate all weekend long.  Saturday she requested a fruit tray for her dinner.  I ended up cutting up tons of fruit and veggies.  It was delish.  Her friend came over, we ate and had cake, and then headed off to the mall for earrings.  
 Now this is where she is a strong person.  She doesn't show her emotions and will do whatever it takes to put on a brave face.  She never wants to be seen as less than perfect...if something is not exactly right she throws a fit (hence the fighting with me) but it also works to make her brave during things like this. Do you remember the Halloween video of Mr. Bones with Heidi screaming her head off?  Kaylee was just as scared but all she did was turn her head towards the wall.  She keeps it together a lot better.  It was the same with her ears.  Heidi cried but Kaylee held it together. You can see where she is super scared because she is looking down and not at anyone.  
Here is the video.  She was so cute.
Then on Sunday she had the rest of her birthday celebration.  She got her new dress, new shoes with laces, dream lite, and other fun stuff.  She is such a pretty girl.  I like this picture because you can see her missing tooth as well.  She lost it a few weeks ago and the other one is wiggly too.  She had a good birthday.  She loved what she got and seemed genuinely happy about her life.  

And this picture is proof that the sun does shine occassionally.  The kids wanted to swim-they ended up playing in the pond instead.  It was fun for a number of reasons.  1-we have a front yard.  2-we own it instead of rent it.  3-Daisy is in her underwear and Blake in a pull up.  4-they played water fairies and rock fairies.  5-they got along the whole time.
I can't wait for spring and summer when everything turns green and get to work in the yard.  I'm excited for the kids to swim in the pool and having a garden and friends over to play and watching Blake jump in the pool and planting fruit trees and everything else that comes along with spring and summer fun. 

1 comment:

Than and Erica said...

Happy Birthday Kaylee!! Sorry we were a little busy with your new cousin, Maren, and didn't call. Sorry! We'll make it up to you when we see you next time. You look beautiful in your new dress.