When we first arrived at the Grants the wife found a caterpillar out in the milk weed and brought it in. It takes about two weeks for a caterpillar to become a butterfly...a process I had never watched before. Her husband said it would be so exciting because we would get to see the whole process. I hoped we wouldn't only because we were hoping to be in our house within two weeks. Guess what. The monarch butterfly hatched yesterday. It was pretty cool. Living at the Grants is a bit magical.
Yesterday was Ben's birthday. He had to work. Sad. But the girls had soccer games and they were great!! Last week Ben and I watched the games and decided we needed to do more than just sign them up for soccer and leave it their coaches. We needed to work with them at home on it. All the other players have a few years of experience under them and it shows. So I took the girls out and started on basics just to build their confidence. Heidi couldn't even do the grapevine! And you can only imagine how fun it was to work with Kaylee. But it all paid off!! They were so good yesterday! Kaylee scored a goal (she says...I didn't see it happen but I will let her think that if it encourages her). Heidi ALMOST scored a goal. It was so close and so exciting to watch. She was so much more aggressive. The next thing to work on is running while dribbling the ball. She would get the ball and then hesitate and then someone would be on her to get the ball. So that is this week's activity. After work Ben came home to a nice pool party/BBQ with our friends, one of which has the same birthday as Ben. Fun!
Well that's about it for the Taylors. This week will be eventful as we are hoping to move. Or at least to know whether or not the house is going to work. If not then we will be moving into a rental. If so then hopefully we can get all the papers signed quickly and move in soon. Then I will find my camera and Sammy won't have to endure any more posts without pictures.
1 comment:
I feel your pain. We sold our house and moved into a rental until our new house was built. it's been three months and our house hasn't even started to be built.
I hate learning these lessons!
Post a Comment