Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Lessons Learned

My friend was saying that if God knows when a sparrow falls then He knows that the Taylors are homeless and there is something to it.  I think she is completely right.  And though I would have loved to be in my house by now hanging out on my couch and looking out at the kids playing in the back yard I think it is good for us to instead be in a basement living area of a member of our ward.  I have learned a lot this last month with buying our house and especially in the last week of staying with the Grants.  First off, they are pretty amazing people.  I have never talked to her before coming here even though we've been in the same ward for a year.  I have been missing out.  I've learned so much about how to live the gospel, how to live healthy and how to be a better parent.  All in one week!  Second, I've learned to be patient.  I'm not at all patient but in our current situation I just have to be.  I have no other choice.  Third, I've learned that having faith means you keeping holding on no matter how long it takes.  Just because you pray for something to happen does not mean it will happen quickly.  You just have to keep hoping and praying it will happen at some point and God always answers prayers it is just on His timeline.  Whether the prayer is for your house, for a baby, for a family member to come back to church, for a job, for marriage, for loved ones who have already passed on, for healing, for friendship, for relief, for anything you stand in need it will come we just don't know when.  That is the hard part.  When we had a place of our own I had a quote that hung in the kitchen.  I can't remember the exact words however I just realized it is on the sidebar of my blog!  Yea! 

Some blessings come soon, some come late, and some don't come until heaven; but for those who embrace the gospel of Jesus Christ, they come.

I love that quote.  I love the promise it gives and the hope you feel when you know that blessings will come.  We don't know when but we know they will come.  So keep praying because at some point your faith-while it may not move a mountain-it may lead to some even more miraculous.

5 comments:

Big Mama said...

If this was on facebook, I would "like" it. :-)

Micaela said...

Shauna, I am always impressed by you.

Becca Foster said...

I needed some words of encouragement after these last two weeks.

jana said...

thanks for the no milk comment on my blog. It made me relax and just let her eat and drink what she wants. She is definitely not starving so if your kids have survived without milk then I imagine mine will also. I've just always had milk drinkers so it was hard to get to that conclusion.
Good Luck with basement living and house buying - hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

I needed those words of encouragement also!! Thanks. And thank you Grant Family for taking care of our precious niece and her family.