Today is Daisy's birthday. I still love telling the story of how she came about. I was indexing one day right after moving to Memphis and came across the name Daisy. I stopped, thought 'what a cute name for a little girl' and right then I saw her with her blond hair, blue eyes, cute pigtails, and she was just toddling around the house. I just saw her and knew we were supposed to have a baby, that it would be a girl, and we were to name her Daisy. Needless to say, Ben thought I was CRAZY but that isn't the first time (or the last) that he has thought that. We had decided to NOT have another kid until after his first year of school. I told him we were supposed to, he said I was crazy. Two weeks later it was General Conference weekend and Sister Beck got up to deliver her talk 'Mothers Who Know'. She specifically said "Mothers who know have children." Ben was in the other room trying to nap with Kaylee and I yelled for him to come in. He yelled for me to turn it off :) Then we came to an agreement that if it was really, really meant to be he would give me one shot. ONE shot. I agreed because I knew we were supposed to have this little girl. Sure enough we knew by Thanksgiving that we were pregnant. No one else knew about it but we did! And that is how Daisy came to be and how by fulfilling your church callings you can be blessed in ways that seem totally unrelated to your calling but yet change your life. Daisy was the perfect name, too. She really is a social, happy girl just like a daisy flower. Neither of her grandparents had a birthday gift picked out for her yesterday and I spent all day finding a new bed set for her (she has spent the last year without any sheets or comforter). After searching all the stores and debating over which would be best I finally just got her a comforter covered in pink and yellow daisies. I bought her the matching sheets and so from her grandparents she got a cute new bed covered in daisies. I love it, I love that her name is Daisy so anything daisy-related goes to her, and I love having her as my own Daisy. Who needs flowers when you have her??
7 comments:
i love, love, love, this little girl. she really is just like a little daisy...the friendly flower....with a little bit of sass. happy birthday Daisy.
Happy birthday, Daisy! I can't believe that she and Claira will be four this year. That is nuts. This one totally snuck up on me even though I was ready for it a month ago! I've got to send her something today!
trying to find those presents on that table cloth is a little like looking for Waldo on a Where's Waldo game.
Happy birthday to daisy! She is a darling girl.
Such a sweet girl. Sad I couldn't be there to celebrate with her. I like your new table cloth.
What a precious little Daisy flower you have to brighten your home. Follow the prophets, that's what we are supposed to do!!
Happy Birthday pretty Daisy!!
That is an awesome story! I've never heard it before! THanks for sharing. Happy Birthday Daisy!
Post a Comment