Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Typical Kaylee Moments

Kaylee has been SO excited to start school. And since this was such a long summer I've been excited too. With Heidi school was a new thing and just started when it did but for Kaylee she has been waiting ever since Heidi started school. Last week we met with her teacher one-on-one. She picked her outfit and we took pictures. Look how happy she is.

And then this was her actual first day of school. Every thing was tragic and nothing was right it was just like every other time Kaylee has something going on. Nothing I do is right, she make a mountain out of a mole hill and today it was over her bangs. First they weren't straight, then she didn't like them curled, then we wet them to take out the curl and she didn't like how brown they looked. I finally told her I had nothing more I could do to improve them so deal with it.
She went down stairs and started crying about her backpack. It was too big. She wasn't going to wear it. She wanted a new one. That's when Ben started in with the 'You are using this backpack whether you like it or not' type speech that all parents give at some point in a child's life. But the best part about the whole exchange is my little Blakesters!

Look how cute he is when he sees the camera out! I love it!

We made it to school. Kaylee wouldn't eat a thing. She moped on the playground. She refused to put her bag on all the way. She lined up, in tears, and walked with her class into the building and according to the teacher Kaylee didn't cry once. The teacher wasn't even aware she had been crying previously.

Kaylee does well when she has to but she likes to put up a big fuss with me. I picked her up after school and immediately she went back to being deviant and not smiling for me. She put the backpack on, finally, but, as you can see, still showed her obstinate side by crossing her arms and putting her head down. Classic Kaylee.

6 comments:

Than and Erica said...

This would be my mom's advice....Don't call it a typical Kaylee moment. We would call camry 'crazy camry' and my mom would pipe in, "Why don't you call her calm camry and see what a difference it makes." There's your linda advice from above. :)

Than and Erica said...

And in her defense that backpack does look big!

Valerie: said...

hahah do you think she is just an unhappy child or do you think it is more? Yeah kids can be stinkers cant they? I have had my moments with all three!! some days I really want to get in my car and never come back. isn't that a horrible thought? I am a bad mom!

Anonymous said...

Look how pretty she is in those top pictures...love that girl

Valerie: said...

hey..so we were going to move to casper, wy cause dillon got a job this week but the rental housing market is a joke and non existent and with our budget we could not find anything in a short amount of time so we are not taking the job so now we are back to searching for a new job but everyone at church yesterday was telling us to move to medford. I have not been there in years but everyone said it has grown..what do you think of it. Are the schools good(all day kinder?) title 1 schools? if you could give me your detailed honest opinion i would love to know.

Angelee said...

I was thinking the same thing...the backpack is huge.