I am slowly going crazy
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Switch!
Crazy going slowly am I
6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, Switch.
That's how I feel a lot of the time. And I sing it to myself so that I can work through whatever problem we're facing and so that my kids know it's time to help mom because she's slowly going crazy.
Lately I've felt that I'm falling into a bit of a pit. My house is not up to par. I'm always behind on the cleaning. I still need to spend more time playing with my kids. My kids watch too much TV and they need to stop. I haven't worked out in a week and my pants are letting me know. I haven't been eating as healthy and for the first time in a LONG time I've felt bloated from eating wrong. And the worst thing is that it's been 10 days since I read my scriptures. That has been the worst part. I can almost physically feel the difference it is making on me.
So I'm tired of slowly going crazy. My first change is that I'm switching my goals around. I need a quantifiable goal regarding the Book of Mormon. It needs to be challenging so I'm going to read it twice this year.
Next I'm cutting out the bad food again and eating smaller portions. Partner that up with my exercising and my pants should be loose again in no time.
And finally I want to cut out the extra distractions. So you really, truly may not see me often.
Daisy is potty training and it has been absolutely awful and I can't help but think that I'm too busy with other things. With Heidi I had all the time in the world to devote to making sure she was on the toilet. But with Daisy I'm so busy getting other things done that all the sudden she has peed on the floor and I now have one more mess to take care of. However, if I quit doing something like blogging, words free, talking on the phone or other little things I could get needful things done in that same amount of time and free myself up to take better care of my kids. I just want to be a mom right now. And I really want Daisy to poop in the toilet. I'll blog after everything else is finished first.
7 comments:
Please don't stop blogging. I need to see more pictures of the kids. I am so sad that Kaylee doesn't update more often. you guys don't realize how much these updates help grandmas who live far away. but i will join you in the book of mormon thing....not twice though...only once. and you are not crazy...you are a mom but sometimes they are pretty much the same thing. i think some of it is the "groundhog day" thing...every day is the same thing.
I feel like that so mcuh of the time, so I have made a concerted (sp?) effort to change things around. I don't turn on the TV or get on the computer if the kids are awake (or unless they're playing together in their room). I simply don't go as many places. I just need to be a mom, too, and I know how you're feeling. It's hard because you can never do too much.
Shauna, I think that all mothers have felt like this at one time or another. I remember I did. Just enjoy your kid and let everything else fall in to place. Remember there is a time and a season for everything. love ya
yes that is how i feel with london and potty training and I am partly being lazy,..its so exhausting with my huge belly that I do not want to bend over and help her on the toilet, put her unders back on ect...all it was so much easier with just one kid! HA dont worry my kids watch too much tv too from time to time.
I agree with Becky's "groundhog day" theory. Sometimes it feels like Im on a carousel of cleaning, crying, meal prep, and diapers. LOL
That is hilarious. If I had known that song I would have been singing it everyday multiple times this week. That is awesome!
We can torture ourselves together with the whole potty training thing. Lincoln is turning 3 in March. I know that sounds bad, but he is a boy and just hasn't been ready, but I feel like I don't even want to devote time to it because I'm too busy with everything else. I HATE potty training. I'm going to write a book about how much I hate it! I'll send you a copy! :)
Chapter One
Poo to the Poo!
Post a Comment