Friday, April 2, 2010

Two weeks

My mom is gone. Ben is driving her to the airport right now. It was really nice having her here to help each day. I was not able to get myself ready by 9 even with her help so who knows how long it will take to get ready doing it all by myself each day. And it was so nice to have her get Heidi from school. I'm not looking forward to unloading three kids just to walk over and get her from school. It was a great, stress-free visit.
Blake is now two weeks old. He's gained at least a pound and a few of his onesies are getting tight.
He is not a crying so much as he is a grunter. He will grunt when he needs to poop or burp but he rarely cries. He is going to have a hard time adjusting to Grammy being gone too since there will not be someone to hold him nonstop. He will have to get used to his crib instead of snuggling down with either my mom or me.
He is a handsome little boy though. I love having kids!
We did a little photo shoot today. My camera stinks so this picture is a little blurry (as with everything I just think 'one more year and ben will have a job, then I can get a new camera...one more year!')

3 comments:

Katie said...

not sure if i have told you or not, but your hair cut looks FANTASTIC on you!! how can you look sooo good just after having a baby? your kids are beautiful and blake is seriously so handsome! congrats again...

Anonymous said...

He is a handsome little boy. I will miss snuggling with him too. There is NOTHING like a newborn baby. I miss the girls too.

Katie said...

OH my gosH! you had your baby!!! Boy am I out of the loop. I guess he was born the day that I left for Utah so I missed the whole thing. ANd now he's 2 1/2 weeks old! Ok, so I love him - he's so so cute. I think he looks like Daisy. When can I bring you dinner? And meet him?