Christmas was odd this year. Fun but just lacking that whole Christmas feel since I spent the two weeks prior working on a wedding and then missed a flight home. I got home in time to unpack, do the laundry and run out late at night for stocking stuffers. Thank goodness Rite Aid was still open. The cutest part of Christmas for me was watching Daisy sit there only interested in her cup full of gummi bears. She looks so old and grown up!
Ever since then I have felt like I was in a funk...not quite my normal self. But then today something happened to kick me back into action. My friend asked me to speak in Young Women about setting goals. This got me thinking about goals for the year 2010. I LOVE to set goals and LOVE having the new year to pick some new things to work toward. I also realized today that I have exactly 3 months until Blake is born. Remember what goal I set last time I had 3 months? That's right! To run 100 miles before the baby was born. I've been so excited to have this goal again. Tomorrow morning I will get up and get started on my next 100 miles. Tomorrow night is also our Family Home Evening where we review our last year's goals and set new ones for the coming year. I'm excited to say that we accomplished most of our goals this year. In fact they became such a habit in our everyday lives that I forgot they were even our goals to begin with. So tomorrow night we will set new goals and have them posted around our house to remind us. I really encourage you all to set goals. Write them down and put them somewhere that you will see them each day. It really does help you feel better about yourself as you work towards these goals and accomplish them. Happy New Year!
6 comments:
I really like the name blake! And I'm great at setting goals, but I suck at accomplishing them. Maybe that should be a goal...finishing a goal! I'm sorry that you missed your flight but I'm so happy that you missed it at my house!
That name makes me think of one of the scuzziest kids in Palermo. Will take some getting used to. My goal this year is to not set high expectations for myself...or achieve anything noteworthy.
I was very happy to see in you in church from my perch at the organ. Ben looked so lonely on the back row while you were gone!
And Daisy smiled and waved at me when I stopped in nursery yesterday. Made my day!
yeah, you are pretty dang awesome. i basically gave your talk again to joey on the way home from church because i was so excited about EVERYTHING you said. it was awesome. i'm sure if it inspired me as much as it did - that those young women had to have been motivated too. i'm so glad you came - it was PERFECT!
This reminds me so much of my dad. He's a big goal setter too and would have us do the same thing as a family. Such a great idea.
Alright, I've been without the internet for a little while. Is Blake a girl or boy? I know it's usually a buy name but I know and have heard of girl Blakes, so don't think I'm too weird. Good luck running!
Post a Comment