We had to line up two hours before the parade even started. It was not fun with the girls stuck in the truck (it was FREEZING outside). As you can tell from Ben's expression and Heidi, who is crying during the picture, that is was a long two hours.
Our float was just a living room scene. We used our Christmas tree and it will be thrown away after Christmas. It broke and is leaning against our wall for Christmas this year.
We used this parade as a chance to pass out pass-along cards. We gave out about 700 and ran out half-way through.

We lit up the float by using two extension cords, a surge protector and a car adapter. We made it through the entire parade with lights but as soon as we turned the corner to end the parade the adapter blew.
The girls insisted on walking and handing out the cards. They did alright but both ended up back in the truck and when it was over we let them ride on the trailer.
My good-looking husband saving the day and driving the truck for me (not to mention all the other stuff he did during the day to help me get this float done).
I just have to say that I am so glad to be done with my calling for the year. I love my calling but it is a stressful week whenever I have something going on. Now we are getting everything packed for tomorrow's plane trip to CA. Is it really supposed to snow in Oroville tomorrow? That would stink. The last thing I want to do is fly home to somewhere even colder than it was last night.
Our float actually placed! We took third place with religious emphasis. We even received a trophy. We all sort of laughed at it because it has a big cross on the top of it. For those who don't know we are one of the few Christian faiths that does not use the cross as a symbol of our worship so it is a little funny.
3 comments:
Cute pictures. Nice job on the float. I can hardly wait to see the girls tomorrow. Hope the weather is decent.
I love the float!! Hope to see you all at the reception on the 19th. We have conflicts of course but we're going to make a concerted effort to squeeze and do it!!
Mike took it upon himself to cover up the trophy's cross with a gold-foil Salt Lake Temple sticker. I didn't realize what he'd done at first! I wondered how the City of Bartlett knew to get a float with the temple on it!
Post a Comment