Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Ward Activity

It is finally done!!  I have had this Book of Mormon Easter activity looming over me for months.  As it came closer I stressed and worried more and more about it not turning out well, people not showing up, people hating the night, etc.  There is a lot of stressed involved when planning activities.  I feel like I put so much work into it that it at least deserves a blog post. 
The Young Women did the background and I painted the hieroglyphics.  I was really proud of my paintings because they are real hieroglyphics straight from the Mayan temples.  I did a good job on them.

It wasn't until after I painted this one that I realized it looks like a guy is smoking.  Oh well. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have martyr down to a science. If you lived closer I could watch your kids!!

Anonymous said...

Great job on the hieroglyphics and the rest of the decorations. It looks like a great activity. What did you do for food or did everyone just eat grapes off the cultural hall floor?? Did you do the chocolate thing?

Jana said...

It really was a great activity, I know everyone had fun. The bean exchange was such a good idea, and I think the food and decorations were excellent!

Anonymous said...

I totally ditto your words!!! Go to the activities! When you raise your hand to sustain, it is also agreeing to support this person in their calling. I have been there as Activity Chair and I never enjoyed an activity the entire time I was in the calling. After it was over I was relieved. You did a wonderful job!!