Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hungry Girl


I bought this book with some of my birthday money just to see what it was about. It is a cook book full of recipes that are very low in fat and calories. I was first attracted to the title. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a "hungry girl." I LOVE food. I love to eat and I eat a lot (which is why I am always 15 pounds heavier than what I want to be.) But I have accepted my food obsession and I know that I have NO self-control when it comes to food. However, after reading through this book I feel that there might be hope. There are a lot of recipes that take something fatty and make it low fat. Last night I made the onion rings from this book and loved them! I didn't get the recipe quite right (they didn't look nearly as appetizing) but they were good and I was completely satisfied. I had a whole helping of onion rings for only 153 calories! How cool is that? So, hopefully I will be able to work off some more pounds and still eat the food I like. The author of the book also has a web site that I am going to start looking at.

4 comments:

homeschooling Mama said...

O.k.! So i totally need the recipes and the web site! I too like to eat so anything that lets me eat more for fewer calories I am all over it!

Anonymous said...

Are you kidding me? A picture of a cookbook? You could have at least had one of the girls holding it up so I could see them. I vote for no more pictures unless they have one of the kids in them...or at least you. I wouldn't even really care if the old Benji was holding it, but he would be my last choice. So put up a new post of the girls...at least Daisy.

Candy said...

I agree with Grammy. Quit slacking off Shauna.

Mike and Wendy said...

The more I read your blog the more I realize how much we have in common. I love to eat as well. And, especially when I'm nursing, I'm always hungry!