Sunday, July 23, 2017

Reddick

 To catch up on our life I'm going to highlight each of my kids. Reddick was our sixth baby.  After we had him I found out that five should have been my peak but it was too late at that point!  I love Reddick and love having him.  However all my standards as a parent have gone out the window.  Remember when i made Kaylee sit at the table until she ate her dinner??  Those days are long gone.  I pretty much let Roddick decide what he would like to eat, when he wants to eat and where he wants to eat.  Turns out he has a very sensitive palette.  He is like the food critic on Ratatouille-If he doesn't love it he doesn't swallow.  He really will spit it out, wipe his tongue off with his hand and refuse to eat.  I went over my pictures of him eating in 2017 and this is what I found.
I would say his diet is 50% popcorn, 25% fruits and then 25% straight up junk and candy.  Like I said, no standards anymore.  He is so fun though.  He loves the Moana soundtrack.  When Moana first came out Ben would come home from work, take Roddick upstairs with him so I could get dinner going, and together they would listen to "You're Welcome", which Roddick called Tank you. This became a tradition that Roddick insisted on each day.  He would run to the stairs and then yell at Ben until he followed him upstairs.  He does the same thing in the car.  He begs for Moana.  His favorite song is 'We Know the Way" yet he dances best to track 9.  He thinks Hai Hai is hilarious.  He has recently figured out all the names of the Cars movie (love that), he goes to nursery without crying now, he loves to be outside, likes to wear his shoes at all times, and is adored by his brothers and sisters.  He turns two in September.  How did that happen so quickly?  

No comments: