Guys, Kaylee rocked it this year.
She was in the 5the grade at her school which means she was the big man on campus. She did awesome! She has come into her own. During the last school year she ran and won the student council positions; petitioned to continue and had the lead role in the Shakespeare play even though they were going to forgo it this year; had phase I braces which have made her teeth look great; played O Holy Night during sacrament meeting; submitted a Taco Soup recipe for the future chef competition and won 3rd place; and gave a speech at her 5th grade advancement. I'm telling you, this was her year! She even became nice! She has become my right-hand man since Heidi is a "teenager" now. She helps around the house, takes care of Reddick, babysits on occasion, and has almost learned the secret to staying up late (to be so quiet we don't care if you are down stairs...she gets it about 60% of the time)
When Heidi did the future chef we didn't know what to expect. We were very ill prepared. Thanks to Heidi's experience we made sure Kaylee was well prepared this time. She made her soup multiple times before the competition. She knew how to garnish it. And she came out a winner!! Yay! (I do feel so bad for the kids that don't win though. Breaks my heart.)
A favorite Kaylee moment of mine was helping her write her speech. She wrote it out, had my look it over, we reorganized it a bit and she was adamant that I not use ANY words that sounded like adult words. She had a specific way she wanted it written and that's what we did. It was also fun looking for her dress together. Once again, she had a ver specific idea in mind and was determined to find the right dress. We went everywhere. Finally, on a whim, I suggested Kid 2 Kid. She did not want to go there but we were running out of stores. Luckily she found just what she was looking for! Then we had to go in search of a cute cardigan to go over it which we found two days before at Target. Phew! She did a great job though. I was a pretty proud mom. And how cute that Heidi helped her do her hair?
Kaylee is something else. She is spunky, mouthy, easily annoyed, bossy, picky about food/clothes/her hair/cleanliness, too loud 80% of the time, very sympathetic to every one but Daisy, and very particular about following the rules. Sometimes I have a bright hope for her and sometimes I don't know what to do with her. even help us as she goes through middle school.

No comments:
Post a Comment