Monday, October 27, 2014

To post or not to post??

I've made it.  I've become one of those bloggers who just doesn't take the time to update.  See that picture up above??  It is from the 4th of July and is, in all honesty, the last picture I have imported to my computer.  That is how behind I am.  But I can't not put a picture with a post.  

Here's a quick recap of our lives:
4th of July in Utah for a baby blessing and to pick up the kids
Long summer with non stop visits from friends and family (no joke, we only had 2 weekends during the whole summer when we didn't have someone visiting)
Labor trip to CA to see Uncle Harrison who came back from his mission and my brother Scotty get the priesthood.
School starts (finally! The kids were tired of me by then)
Two weeks later back to CA for my girls weekend.
Long summer/fall of work negotiations and Ben switching jobs.
8 weeks of soccer-pracitce 4 nights a week and all day Saturday doing games.
Conference weekend-totally awesome and totally humbling.  I got a good, stern talking to from a couple of different apostles.
Gearing up for Halloween and the coming holidays.  

We have been busy.  So busy.  I thought we were busy last year but we weren't .  Not like we are now.  Thus, it leads to my original question at the top; to post or not to post?  Part of me says, 'No one is really reading this anyway and any pictures I would add are probably already on my instagram.'  But then another part says, 'You know your family is reading and the kids actually love getting on and reading your posts as well.'  And I'm not the type who likes having a half-done blog.  I would delete the whole blog if I wasn't really going to do it properly.  So I either have to be better or just quit.  Not sure yet what I want to do.  I've been trying really hard to spend more of my time on the kids.  I'm not a great parents who is super involved or likes to play with my kids.  I'm more a good manager of the kids.  But lately I've tried to play more with them.  Consequently that means less time for browsing the internet or waiting for stinking pictures to upload.  This blog has been the thing to go as I've tried to spend more time with the kids (I've played a lot of Candyland and Mafia lately).  It's been good though.  I've enjoyed the change.  So what is the finally verdict?  I still don't know but at least today I was able to get a post done.

4 comments:

Katie said...

POST!! Let me tell you why..... 1. It's family history and you are so busy there is no way you are doing the other kind of family history. 2. You are all or nothing like me (notice I got a few weeks of perfect points on that challenge thing and then...nothing) and you can't delete your blog. 3. Facebook and Instagram are for other people not for you. YOU and your family will love having a detailed account of your life. Other people are impatient and like quick snippets to read on their phone. but blogs are way more meaningful. 4. Most importantly, I want you to. :-)

Anonymous said...

I have just one word to say about this....POST. Your mom loves it....I guess that is more than one word.

Peggy said...

I agree with Katie, you are a natural born blogger. Your writing of events is detailed and so much better than a picture and a sentence. I say POST, cuz, your mother in law loves it!

Unknown said...

Post! I read them and enjoy learning about your family.