Tuesday, July 16, 2013

On our own

Everybody is gone and we now get to handle five kids by ourselves.  It is not too bad but I have a secret weapon to it all-HEIDI.  Everyone should a baby when their oldest is nine and training to be a mom herself.  She is so helpful.  It doesn't matter what she is doing she is always willing to stop and either grab me a diaper or hold Dodge.  It's awesome.
Dodge is almost three weeks.  Tomorrow he goes in for a check up and for his circumcision.  It will be a sad day for him.  He is getting more alert each day and even made a cooing noise to me the other day.  Only one, and it hasn't happened since but I loved it.
On Sunday Dodge was dressed in a cute orange and grey outfit so naturally I dressed in orange and grey and Ben was nice enough to put on an orange and grey tie.  I love matching with my kids.
It hasn't been too bad yet with all five kids.  I try not to go anywhere during the day and that helps.  Plus Ben is great.  Whenever I have a baby he actually gets mad at me because I try to do stuff and all he wants me to do is sit on the couch.  Can't complain about that.  However I also can't do that.  I don't know why but I can't just sit on the couch all day long.  I feel like I have to be doing something to contribute.  And today I plan to get the laundry done.

No comments: