I love living in a house that is my own. It's a new experience for us after ten years of renting. The biggest change is that it is SO MUCH WORK!! I can't believe the nonstop list that I've been working on and then adding more to. For every one thing I get done four more get added to the list. Everyone tells me it doesn't change however if they knew me they would know I want to have everything done and completed! I don't like the feeling of having things that need to be done. So I have been working nonstop. If the weather is nice I go outside. If not I tackle projects inside. And then I always throw in unnecessary things like having everyone over for Halloween, my family coming for Thanksgiving and Ben's family for Christmas. It adds more stress but I love having people over.
Halloween definitely took a back seat this year to the rest of my life. No costumes made. No thought in to what they were going to wear. Just a nagging thought each day and then I would push it aside as I worked on the house. In the end We had a Taylor Swift, a Merida, a Lightning McQueen suit and Silvermist from Secret of the Wings.
I tried to make cute pumpkins like on pintrest but they came out ugly. Oh well. At least I didn't have to gut them.
Ben has been gone this weekend. He would have had to work this weekend anyway but while he was away I made a new bunny hutch!! It's totally ghetto. But it will now allow Hershey to A. be outside. B. have three times the amount of space. C. Live in a more natural setting like a real bunny that can dig and run in the grass. I think it's great. We will see how she does. Who knows...now we may have enough room to get her a playmate!
Another, and really my final thing, to get finished is this door. My friend gave it to me and I put some scrapbook paper on it and it will eventually hang on my wall. I have a huge wall with a vaulted cieling and it needs something big. This is it. I'm pretty excited about it really. I think it will tie everything in so nicely. Plus I just happen to have that scrapbook paper available so this craft cost me all of about nothing! I am little worried about it in the event of an earthquake. It is heavy and could do some real damage is anyone is under it when the shaking starts. My only consolation is that I don't we have earthquakes up here.
The other wall opposite. I plan to put a wide dresser underneath it. I thought of a table but I'm finding that a dresser is much more practical because it gives you storage space.
Added this today. I love it and am so glad I bought it. $12 at Target. So worth it.
This is right by the front door. When we bought the house there was landscaping throughout. Or so we thought. Turns out there are a few nice plants and the rest are a bunch of over grown weeds/bushes. I've been digging them out all week. And even the nice bushes needed a good trim. Now there are branches strewn all over my yard. Guess that will be next week's project.
My mom keeps asking for pictures. I finally took some with my phone. It's nighttime though so you can't really see anything. Funny, huh, Mom? It does remind me of something my Kaylee would do though. Maybe that's where she gets it. I ripped the bushes out of this planter as well. I left on the maple tree and the dead tree with vines (that's going next).
Here is the pool gate as it wanders down to the fence. He put this fence in. Switch it around a new way. Then redid the new way to make it look nicer. We are finally done and the pool is finally fenced off. It looks nice. We also cut off part of the lawn and are planning the extra behind the fence will be our garden area in the future. I love that idea!
So we are super busy all the time. It's nice but I'm exhausted. I just want a nap. I miss those days of laying down with Daisy and sleeping. I didn't finish my whole list today but I did get the bunny hutch done, fixed the moulding that had been ripped out for the fridge, and got the anchors to hang the door. I'm getting there. It should all be finished by the time Thanksgiving rolls around. I'm excited for my family to see what we spent so much time trying to get.
3 comments:
Shauna, I'm so excited for you guys!! What a wonderful thing for you guys. I love all your decoration ideas and your Halloween pictures are darling. Love you, glad I got on my blog today.
i want to buy the door mat that says 'here lives mr. and mrs. awesome pants'...if you find it at a garage sale, get it for me....
Wow! You're sooo motivated! I love it! You've probably accomplished more with your in home in the last 2 weeks than I have in the last 2 years! :-) So happy for you guys!
Post a Comment