My camera is packed. Along with everything else we own. It's all in a storage unit. And we are currently bumming off friends and family until our house closes. It was supposed to be done on Aug 10th but it has hit quite a few bumps and we had to move out of the apartment even though the house was not ready to go. Poor planning. I know. Now we are frantically trying to get things to work out with the house (although each passing day it seems to bring a new huge problem) and we are in California freeloading off my parents for the weekend. Nice.
I keep trying to figure out how we ended up in this predicament. There are steps along the way where we should have done things differently but it's too late now. Now we just have to hope everything works out. The good news is that I have great friends that have helped out. They've all come to our aid in one way or another and we are really grateful to them. I think the low point was when we had just taken our car into the shop. All six of us were crammed into the loaner Mercury Sable driving back to our friend's house, the gas light turns on, I have to pee, and the blinker in the car breaks. And then a John Mayer song comes on the radio. I hate John Mayer. That was when I thought things can only get better, right? We had no home. No car. And John Mayer was talking about my body being a wonderland-yuck. That was our life. All I could do was laugh.
Sad to say after that day we discovered that things could get worse. We've had nothing but bad news regarding our house. We are wondering if we are ever going to get into the house. Who knows! All I know is this house business has not been fun. I keep thinking I should be crying or something over it but instead I just eat ice cream. So I'm getting fat on top of it all. I have had an epiphany regarding people, trials and choices they make. Sometimes the stress of life makes us make dumb decisions. But when you are going through a hard time it is ok to let little things go (like my diet) while I work on something else. I can't put my whole effort into every aspect of my life all the time. I need to pick the most important things to focus on and let the other things go. And so do other people. When there are other people going through a hard time and they let some things go because it just is too overwhelming I should not judge them for that. You can handle all things but not always all the time. Sometimes you can let things wait. That doesn't mean it is an excuse to give up and not do what is right but you can lighten up a bit in areas that don't really matter when another aspect of life is hard. Hopefully the next time I blog it will be from my own computer in my own house. Maybe there will be a picture or two because my camera will be unpacked. Although my pictures are never interesting anyway so maybe not.
5 comments:
God bless your little family, as President Hinckley says, "keep trying, keep believing, be happy, don't get discouraged, things will work out."
Shauna, you know that Glenda is totally right! In fact when I think of you, that quote that glenda mentioned is exactly YOU! That's like your life's motto! You've got this!! The Lord is ALWAYS on your side! Thank goodness for awesome friends! And your not BUMMING off your family... you are always visiting them anyway and usually for a lot longer than just a weekend! Think of this as a family visit for Labor Day Weekend! Things WILL work out! They all ready have... girl, you have the EXACT house that you've been drooling over for the last year. You might not be in it today, but you will be soon enough! AND you don't want to be in it right now anyway because it's not perfect enough yet! Just think, when you move in, it will be even BETTER than it was the first time you saw it and it stole your heart! Instead of thinking how you aren't in it right now, re-focus on how BEAUTIFUL that vaulted room is going to be at Christmas time when you ARE in it!! I can't WAIT to see it! I'll think about MY house at Christmas time too and then you and I can be looking forward to something TOGETHER that's just not in our reach yet. That way we can look forward together to something completely irrelevant to your problem and hopefully distract you for a little while. AND if you got through this entire post and understand a PORTION of it..... then I believe, my dear, that you HAVE been distracted, even for just a minute, because this is a looooooooong post full of jibberish! Hang in their Shauna!!!!!! Call me and I'll distract you for sure! My house flooded-ish, let's talk about THAT! :)
Buying a house is HARD and SO FRUSTRATING! I'm definitely with you on that. We're living with my parents a month longer than we wanted because our mortgage loan isn't being processed as soon as expected. There's been so much info I've had to send in, and there's been a LOT of waiting. This past week I sent in 43+ pages of signatures and info only to find out that my loan officer is out of town all week! I hope you can get into your house soon. We can have a race to see who gets in their house first, if you want ;)
I don't like John Mayer either. I thought I was the only one! :-) Oh how I understand more than you know about the moving process, having everything packed up and you don't have access to it and bummin' off of other's while the house closes. It bites! And I hated it when people would point out my blessings. I just wanted to be upset and unhappy for a little bit. So I won't point out the perks of it all... cause that annoyed me. haha! Good luck with everything though! Hope the house closes soon. PS Was it a short sale?
Oh Shauna, I love this post. I needed to read something like that.
Post a Comment