There was a book called a Right of Passage book where the mom had taken a cheap photo album and instead of pictures inserted pages about each age and what their child can expect. It's a fun idea for a number of reasons. What really appealed to me was the idea that my kids will know, long in advance, when they will get to do what and it is all written down in a book...because anything written down in a book is official. It also appealed to me because I hope my girls will feel a little more comfortable talking about 'girl' things with me that I didn't talk about with my mom. I never asked about makeup and it never really came up so I never wore it. Yes, those are not flattering pictures. In fact one friend of mine laughed in my face when she saw my high school pictures (thank you, Micaela). Hopefully my girls will use this book to be both excited for the future and less argumentative when "all the other girls are doing it..." and all I have to say is "it's in the book!"
I was really proud with how it all turned out! It ended up being a fun project and a chance for me to add in bits of advice from me incase I die and can't be there for them. Now they will always have this to look at. We even went over it for FHE tonight and discussed what it means to date in groups vs. singles, what 'apply to college' means and they squealed a bit over the make up kit. Kaylee asked why I wrote to remember I loved them so much in the book. I guess she's like me where if I've said it once why do I have to say it again.
5 comments:
Wow! That turned out better than you described it! I love it and it is such a good idea. Thanks for the pictures because I was really excited to see it! I love it!
I love it!! This was perfect for what I would like to do for Livi, but have never thought of it.
Did you bypass #17 on purpose? Seriously perfect!
Shauna, that is SUPER cute!
i want to see these in person because they look super cute and looks like they were so much work. they look fun enough to read all the time. i love it.
super cute. I wish I would make that for my kids.
Post a Comment