Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter Morn

Do you ever get online to blog but read Erica's blog first and decide 'why even bother?' because your pictures/life is so lame in comparison?  Seriously.  Look at their Easter picture compared to ours.
Really?  Besides the obvious that Blake is trying to run away and I'm not even looking we have cars in the background instead of a (professionally :) landscaped yard.  Her kids are all standing straight and smiling; mine are hunched or in awkward positions and Ben is holding Daisy's hands in order to keep them out of her mouth.  Her kids are dressed to the max with super cute outfits and I dressed my kids in TJ Maxx (or in Blake's case Erica's hand-me-downs from seven years ago).  Someone once said that everything Than touches turns to gold.  It's true.  That guy has more luck than any one else I've ever met-he works hard, REALLY hard-but his life is quite golden.  I'd like to think everything I touch turns to chocolate.  It's not as shiny, skinny, fancy or as desired by others as gold but it sure does taste good and I love to eat.
Kaylee picked out her own dress and LOVED it.  Heidi picked out her own shoes and has waited all week to wear her wedge shoes.  She felt so grown up.
Blake would not cooperate.  We should have given him a car to hold.  He was pretty much awful all day on Sunday.  A basket of candy for breakfast is not a good idea with him.  
This year during spring break I was a super crafty mom.  We cut brown bags into easter baskets, decorated them and planted wheat berries so grass would grow.  Two things about that: 1-wheat berries are delicious in oatmeal.  Loved them.  2-the problem with real grass is that when the jelly beans fall into the moist grass they get all sticky and dirty so you can't eat them after that.  The girls all got a stuffed animal (Heidi has been waiting for that Thumper since last Easter!)
My parents were able to come up this last weekend.  I love when they come because we yard sale together and always score big time.  This weekend was no exception.  They are like a lucky charm.  Scotty was really good and my parents should get him a bunny.  He loved holding Heidi's little Hershey.  It brought out his gentle side.  
While my parents were here we yard selled and found Kaylee a bike!!  She was so cute.  She  didn't even want to try it at the yard sale but as soon as it was hers and at home she couldn't wait to ride it around.  She did such a great job!  It's bigger with training wheels on and she loved it.  My goal this summer is to find a bike for each of my kids and have them learn to ride.  I think Kaylee will take the training wheels off by the end of the summer.  
Some other things I did with my parents
1. Ben, Dad and Scotty went geocaching
2. I introduced my mom to Atkins-friendly potato salad using cauliflower...not bad but also not as awesome as real potato salad.
3. Bought some Christmas presents at yard sales and they were pretty awesome finds. 
4. Showed my parents the house I hope we can eventually buy.
5. Introduced my mom to some new church music sung by Micaela but she thought it was a professional CD.
6. Enjoyed watching Blake horde his cars from my dad and they got to just see how fun he is at home in his element.

It was a good weekend and I welcome any more weekends like it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

it was a fun weekend and i feel great that my yard sale christmas shopping has begun. thanks for letting us come up. i love the pictures of the kids even though they are not perfect.

Joe and Mary said...

just be grateful that you got the pictures! I didn't want to spend money on baskets so I was going to use paper bags too. But that didn't happen...I had to use just the plain old plastic bags from wal-mart. The great thing was that my kids didn't even care!
Here's my e-mail layner6@yahoo.com, let em know when you guys will be over here next and we can get together!

Than and Erica said...

You are ridiculous. You at least got a picture of all your kids and I didn't and I didn't do any crafts with my kids and Than threw our easter baskets together at 10 o'clock saturday night. It's all the same, just different. And I photoshop all my pics to make us look all that more beautiful. :) Your girls look super cute! And camry will die when she sees that someone got that unicorn. She's been begging me for it. And I really want to yardsale now! I haven't even seen one yet around here but I haven't been looking either. That is my goal for Saturday morning!

Valerie: said...

you are sooo funny...ok no one's pictures look as good as that picture you have of that perfect family! I bet the parents are pinching their kids really hard and that is why they are standing still!! haha Did you see my family picture? Oh that's right, we didn't even get one and the one i did get of the kids, Turin looks like he's pooping. Nice!! That is funny your girls want to see Chipwrecked so bad. I dont even remember when the first two movies came out and the girls didnt even really get into this until maybe 3 months ago and then we got the first 2 movies and they went bonkers in love. My mom sent chip wrecked for easter(that is why we have it). They are all actually really cute movies. i do like the 3rd the best though, the music is the best. Anyhoo maybe we will have to get together and they can all watch it together. Let me know if that sounds fun. You made a comment on how there is a house in Medford you want to buy? i thought you guys have to move soon?