Life has been busy the last few weeks. After the weekend of sickness we had my sister, Checka, come up and babysit while Ben and I went away for the weekend for a job interview, then Blake's birthday, then packed up the car to go back up to Washington for my niece's birthday party. Of course I didn't really take any pictures so I had to steal these from my sister. It was a princess party (like all five-year-old birthdays are). There was a ton of girls there and luckily my sister and her husband were able to get the backyard all finished in time for the party. It looked really nice. My sister is great at party planning and nothing is done half way. My other sister and I spent the morning making all the party hats...Yes, we MADE THOSE!!! I don't do crafts but I thought we did an pretty good job on them. During the party the kids got their make up and hair done. I was in charge of the blush and lipstick. It was really funny because all the girls wanted the bright red lipstick instead of the pale pink, and then they went to Becca and all picked the bright pink eye shadow.
Here are my girls all dressed up. Kaylee looking as happy as she always is. This picture of Heidi is not her best but she looked so grown up with the makeup on.
Before the party the kids were able to just play with cousins. It was really nice. I feel like in our family all the cousins get along so well. There is never fighting or problems, just the kids all enjoying each other. Our only problem is that Blake does not share his cars but he is very good at not letting it get even close to that. Any time George or William even came close to see Blake's cars he already had them packed up in his arms or he was covering them with his body. He's no dummy. Oh yeah, another thing in our hectic week was that Heidi also got a new bunny. The last bunny was way too wild-he bit a lot-so we had to let him go and after a few bunny-free weeks we finally found that was a perfect fit. This is Hershey. She is tiny! But she is also so nice and we all really like her, me included. Heidi brought her up with us since we had just gotten her.
It was a really fun week. I had a blast just hanging out with my sisters. We have a fun family and it is always so relaxing. We just end up laughing a lot. And at the end of the day I came home and looked up a few things on Pinterest and even pinned something. My sister will be proud!
Now that our first week is done we are home with a much more relaxed schedule. I asked my girls what they wanted to do during their spring break and they came up with a pretty decent list. We have some cooking projects Kaylee picked, some yard selling they want to do (I love my kids!), friends to hang out with and then Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked to rent. They also want a slumber party with Mom which means Ben's kicked off the bed for a night. I really do love my kids. They've been so funny at home today. Blake only had four of his cars in Kennewick so he has been excited all over again to find all his cars are available again. The girls have re-enacted a few Charter commercials and Pee Wee Herman clips with my camera. They think they are hilarious. I just love having a family.











3 comments:
Shauna, I am loving!!!! the length of your hair! I love the bangs... it's the best hair cut!! The party looks super fun, the hats are amazing! Princess is the theme (for now at least) for Hadley's birthday party also :) 5 year olds!!
cute pictures. i am glad that all of you had so much fun and that you were able to be there for the party. looks like a great time. i love all of my princesses.
I also love your haircut. I've been thinking I need a new after- baby hair do. Post some more pictures of it so I can take them to my hair dresser :)
Post a Comment