Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Kaylee's Birthday and Valentine's Day


 Have you ever seen my Kaylee smile this big before?!?!?!  Of course this is the one day that she gets whatever she wants and the 'whatever she wants' is always candy.   Do you see that massive bowl of jelly bellys?  It was 2/3 gone by the end of the day.  She was in heaven.  Of course I got her real gifts to go along with the candy but this is one kid who really does love candy more than anything else.
She had a birthday brunch after Heidi's baptism with our family but she also had some friends over for a party after school.  Once again, all smiles!  Funny enough we played musical chairs and NONE of the kids had ever played it before.  That was my favorite game at birthday parties and turns out it is being forgotten.  The kids loved it.  After the birthday party we had a quick break and then started the last activity for the day...a movie party with some friends.  We swap babysitting for the temple and I figured we might as well have their four kids over and play it off as a movie party for Kaylee's birthday.   After the long, candy-filled day, she went to bed in tears (surprise, surprise) because Ben made her brush her teeth for a good long time to get all the candy off them.  All in all she had a fun day.  It continued through the weekend as she spent her birthday money and then got her last gift in the mail from us.  

Now for Valentine's Day.  I've never been a big valentine's day person but it is fun for the kids.  They woke up excited and once again Kaylee was all smiles!  Seriously she never smiles this much but she is super excited for the party at school where she informed me she will be getting lots of candy.  Doesn't she look so cute in her birthday outfit from Erica?  
And she was even happy enough to pose with Heidi and not scowl during it.  I love that Kaylee.  
Ben and I aren't doing anything for Valentine's day but we did reserve Reel Steel at a Redbox for tonight and then, for those who don't know, I love Whitney Houston so I downloaded "I will always love you" for 69 cents (What a STEAL) and have listened to it like 5 times already.  It seemed appropriate for Valentine's day.  I've been singing at the top of my lungs right along with her and love it even though I know my brothers are all plotting how to ridicule me for it like they did when I was younger.  I just loved her music though!  All weekend I've been reading about her and watching clips. Last night The Bodyguard was on Lifetime and I just had to stay up until 11:00 watching it.  I haven't listened to her songs in so long and I've decide I need to make sure my girls hear her music so they will love her too.  Especially Kaylee.  She is my little 80's and 90's wanna be.  She already loves Debbie Gibdon so I know she will love Whitney Houston as well.  And you can't beat a Valentine's Day where it only cost us $2 to enjoy!

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

She does look DANG CUTE in that outfit. I love the ruffles and she's so small it seems like it will fit her for a long time. I love a happy kaylee.

Anonymous said...

she looks great in the outfit and i am glad that she had a fun day.

Becca Foster said...

So it is so funny that you mentioned Whitney Houston because when we were driving up to your house we were listening to her in the car and I was telling Kyle about the time when all three of us girls shared a room and you would always listen to Whitney Houston and Celine Dion. Now whenever I hear either of them it makes me think of you.

I love how happy Kaylee was in this post!