Monday, January 2, 2012
Happy New Year!!!
I love, love, love the new year. I LOVE making goals!! The funny thing is that my kids are aware that each new year we make goals. Heidi reminded me yesterday that we hadn't done it yet but I was waiting for our FHE. We made our goals tonight and I have to say my kids are pretty good at coming up with some. It is also a pretty funny night when you combine all our personalities together as we scheme up some family goals. I mentioned needing to work on saying my morning prayers more often and Heidi's eyes widened as she confessed she NEVER says them! She was so funny about it. And then when I talked of my personal goal to lose some weight I said that I had five pounds I still needed to lose from before but now it was up to eight pounds after the holidays. Heidi's comment was, "so you gained three more pounds." Yes, Heidi, I like to eat. Thank you for pointing that out. I really do love this feeling of a new year and new things to work on. Kaylee picked not fighting with her siblings because she really is the only one that has a problem with that. She's decided to cut out the hitting, biting, kicking, pinching and pushing this year...we'll see how that goes. But she also has a goal to earn 100 Hawk Dollars at school which she is super excited to work on. Overall I feel good about our family goals and think they will all be achievable as long as we work on it. I just loved FHE tonight. It was fun to discuss what we could work on, fun to play Just Dance 3 afterward, and the kids all went to bed so easily. It was the perfect end to my day. And now I get to snuggle down with an AWESOME book (The Fountainhead by Ayn Rand-you should totally read it if you haven't. It's even better the second time around!). I love my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
what!! you have the same kitchen table as us?? That is funny cause that was my parents kitchen table we have had since my twin brothers were born and since they had 4 kids they needed a bigger table and they kept it all these years until they bought a new huge fancy one and gave us that one. It's about 28 years old. I do have to say it has held up very well. I would LOVE to have it redone as well. I bet it would look so good but I bet that is pretty pricey so I will have to wait and save up for that. We will have to get together and let the kids play.
Post a Comment