Monday, December 5, 2011

It finally happened

Having three girls I knew one day one of them would cut their hair.  We did a pretty good job and I thought we might skip that whole experience but last night Daisy cut her hair while she was supposed to be in bed.  I didn't even know until this morning when I thought her hair looked super flat on one side.  It wasn't until I saw the pile of clippings on the floor that it all registered.  She had taken a hug chunk out of the left side, above her ears.  I knew there was no way to salvage any girlie look.  It was all going to have to come off and we'd have to keep bows in her hair so she wouldn't be mistake for a boy.
She looks a little stonerish with the dark bags under her eyes even more noticeable now.  And her hair is super thin still so it doesn't look healthy and full.  If you look close you will notice the cut marks around her eye from trying to cut her hair.  It's a good thing she didn't stab her eye out!
These pictures don't look as bad.  The bow helps.  I have a lot to be grateful about today.  Grateful she still has her eye.  Grateful that when Blake knocked over the girls' dresser upstairs that he wasn't under it.  He has a scratch on the side of his head where the dresser grazed him.  Grateful that I had Carrie Sims's cellphone number and that she was able to cut Daisy's hair today.  And Grateful that even though she may look sickly she is a very healthy kid.  When I had to clean the hair clippings I saved one and taped it to my journal.  I saved a lock of Heidi's hair when she was little but then decided that was a stupid thing to do.  What was I going to do with it now?  So I never saved one of Kaylee's.  Then today as I was cleaning I remembered cutting Abby Ivie's hair.  Her mom brought a video recorder, documented the whole thing, saved a clipping of hair, etc.  Then she said, "hair is a big deal at our house" because her other daughter was currently bald from the cancer treatments.  I sat there thinking I should save those little hair clippings so one day, if ever hair should have to become a big deal at our house, I would have some of her baby hair to show her.  The only problem with it all is that I don't have any of Kaylee's hair and this is just another injustice she may one day throw in my face.  I am also SO grateful that we already took family pictures.  That was a close call.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the bow helps, but at first glance i thought it was blake with a bow in his hair. she still looks cute though. makes you notice her huge old eyes!!

Big Mama said...

She's so cute! GOod thing hair grows back! :-)

Valerie: said...

oh no she cut her hair..dont worry she is still a cute girl so she can pull that hair cut off...it will grow. Yeah each year I am so grateful the girls have not done that. I always think it will be London who does it but not yet. I have been meaning to tell you ages ago THANK YOU for giving me all that info about medford. I really appreciated it. We ended up picking the Grants Pass job. At first i was thinking there is NO WAY i would live in grants pass but it started to grow on us and dillon liked the set up of the job here better than the Medford place so that is mostly why we chose here. I do wish there was a Target here in town cause i do love Target. The mall is ok. Better than Idaho Falls. Anyhoo we have been here since Halloween and so far so good. We will see if we like it permanently. How much longer does ben have in Medford? Hope you have a great christmas.

Micaela said...

That little turkey! Thankfully it all grows back and that she is a naturally cute kid!

As far as kaylee hair.... save some from her next hair cut and stick it in her baby book about the time she SHOULD have had her first hair cut. She'll never know :)