Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kaylee's Big Day!!

Today was Kaylee's field trip to the Pumpkin Patch!!  Yes!!  We were so excited and I got to chaperone (thanks to checka) and we got all dressed up in our best Halloween colors and went for a fun-filled day.  At least that's what I imagined.  However, I forgot who I was dealing with here.  
 Right when I showed up I took Kaylee's picture which she wouldn't look at me so these are the best I got.  I had Kaylee and two others in my group, Jackson and Melody.  Melody is about the quietest,  and most easily forgotten kid there.  She just blends in and you don't notice her so you forget she's is even around.  She reminded me of Cypher in the Snow or something like that.
 As I said, this was KAYLEE'S field trip, which meant that she did not partake in anything fun but instead clung to my leg and cried.  Why doesn't she just enjoy life?  And the worst part is that if I hadn't been there she would have joined in-no way would she have touched or clung to another adult.  For some reason when I am around my kids shrink into their own little shells and don't come out.  She didn't like the corn maze, wouldn't play on the hay slide with the kids, wouldn't sit in the tractor seat, wouldn't smile for her teacher, didn't want to eat lunch, wouldn't pick a pumpkin (they were all the wrong kind) and wouldn't talk to anyone around her.  It was chilly, she left her jacket at school, and she decided that she would only be happy if I held her the whole.  Regardless of my hip that is hurting I wouldn't have carried her around anyway so there she was, crying on her field trip.  Then crying at the bus because she wanted me to take her home instead of going back to school.

         
 The good thing about the trip was that I got to meet her school friends.  The boy in black is Logan, who she kinda likes and who is also kinda crazy; the lavendar shirt is Ava, her friend; the salmon colored shirt is her friend and fellow bus rider, Harrisen; and the other pink shirt with the headband is Claire from church.  Notice how they are all happily seating there?  But not Kaylee.

 This is the closest Kaylee would get to the tractor and she only did it because she thought I wasn't looking.
 This was when she realized I was looking.
My mom always says I put up posts of Kaylee being bad but this is just how Kaylee is.  And I'm not ever mad or angry about all the crying fits.  I got over that a long time ago.  Now I just know to expect it.  However, I feel bad that she is missing out on SO MUCH because she chooses to be grouchy.  She would have been much better if I hadn't gone but she also wanted me to come.  I have learned with Kaylee that if I am there she will act like a baby.  When she first started to ride the bus we were always late getting out the door so there was no time for my to go and wait with them.  We have since changed our routine and the girls are out there with plenty of time to spare (3-5 mins) and if I am out there with them Kaylee will start crying and go into hysterics about not wanting to go to school.  However if I just don't walk them out there and say goodbye at the door she is fine!  She loves it!  Not a single problem!  But if I am around she will throw a fit over something.  I don't understand why she does it but I know she does and I know not to get mad anymore because it doesn't help the situation anyway.  My current parental course now is just to expect it and get as many crying/pouting/sulking pictures as I can because otherwise she wouldn't have a single post made about her. I hope she grows out of it soon because I hate seeing her miss so much fun stuff.  There are so many experiences that could have been wonderful but she chose to pout and now they are only sad memories.  Although maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe when she grows up she will remember the pumpkin patch and she will only remember the fun parts of it like the hay ride and picking her pumpkin.  Who knows.  I definitely don't and I definitely understand-thanks to Kaylee-that just like parents on earth Heavenly Father is also right there waiting for us to grow out of things so that we can choose a better way to live and have a better earthly experience. Parenting really does make you understand how your parents felt while raising you and how Heavenly Father feels while watching us pass through our mortal existence. Overall the lesson learned was that next time she needs to just BRING HER JACKET!!

2 comments:

Than and Erica said...

I love your striped shirt!!!! So cute and festive without being all kindergarten-teachery!

Micaela said...

I agree with Erica, that shirt is super cute!

Kaylee is so funny! Is it bad that she is actually very entertaining? What kid doesn't want to have a fun field trip and play with her friends in a pumpkin patch? KAYLEE! lol She looks so sad in all of her pictures.... poor kid!