Monday, July 11, 2011

Picture for the Day

So today I took this picture and I keep thinking phrase 'a picture is worth a thousand words' or something like that. I took this picture to capture a number of things. First, it is Heidi doing her "show" where she had three stuffed animals caged in the laundry baskets and each did their own special talent. Foo-foo, the bear, was able to sleep while holding her breath for a minute. Raja, the tiger, was able to observe a rock through a magnifying glass that Heidi held for it. (Fascinating!!) And Amanda Panda, the panda if you didn't already guess, could dress up as a princess. After their talents we all got to pet and feed them. I sat through the show three times. She wanted to invite her friends from the parking lot to come see it and thank goodness they weren't able to come because she would have been branded a total loser by the 8 and 9-year-old girls. My poor girl. She thought it was a great idea but I'm sure they wouldn't have. Although maybe I would've been wrong and they would have loved that show.
I also wanted to capture the bed that still has no real bedding but instead our Donna Heller blanket. The bedding should be in tomorrow. There is also the books that Ben is slowly transferring over to his new office. There is the empty walls that I slowly am decorating as I find thing at yard sales. Heidi also has all her teeth in this picture but it is already outdated since Ben pulled her front tooth tonight! Her first top tooth! And then there is Blake's arm. I was lucky that was all that was in the picture since he walks right in front of me whenever the camera is out now. He's wearing a fake gold medal that the girls got from their grandma during the campout. He really likes wearing them but Daisy makes sure to remind him that he was not the winner. And I also would like to remember that this was all before Blake got poop ALL OVER the crib. It was everywhere.

I finally took some before and after pictures of the doll house we got at a yard sale. It's HUGE and it was pretty ugly but I spent days working on it. I painted it, ripped out the carpet, put in wall paper and my dad spent an entire day fitting three of the floor with pergo. My girls are a bit spoiled but they do love playing with it. Now I am slowly trying to find furniture for it. I love how it turned out. I'm having a lot of fun fixing things up. I'm still not great at it but I'm having fun learning.

No comments: