Friday, July 29, 2011

Look what came in the mail!!

First off, I don't think there is anything more fun than getting something in the mail. It is just exciting! Even more fun than going to the store and just buying it. Today an awesome thing came in the mail!! Do you see that big fat number up there?? That is right! Birthday week is quickly approaching! This year I will be 30. THIRTY!! Some might say "you're going to be thirty, you might give up the birthday week by now" but oh no! I love my birthdays and being thirty only means it is that much more exciting to celebrate. That is old! Do you remember Deana Carter's song Strawberry Wine where she says "I still remember when thirty was old?" That is how I feel. I remember being young and I hung out with Dee Avila at a homemaking meeting one night and told my mom I had hung out with the "old people". She was in her thirties and quite thoroughly toilet papered my house in response. I remember when Andrea Collins turned thirty and I couldn't believe that someone so young was actually 30! And now here I am, married and four kids later turning thirty and feeling I like I did when I graduated high school. And celebrating my birthday like I was five. But I love it. And I love my friends. I seriously have the best friends (which I still wonder why anybody even puts up with me but I am glad they do). So next week you can look forward to our week long celebration!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i also wonder why some people put up with you!! have a fun birthday week. i guess your good news makes it even more fun.

Anonymous said...

Okay, what's the news????
Have a wonderful birthday week and year!!! Love you Shauna. You don't look at day over 29!!!! :)