
I love that my kids play 'book club' together. I love that we have stopped watching tv during the week and that they have been finding things like this to play instead. I love that our lesson on repentance is hanging in the background and that the girls have actually been doing what we taught. I was tired of the girls saying an angry 'sorry' whenever they were in trouble so we started a new thing where they have to say they are sorry and also ask 'what can i do to make you feel better?' It really all came about one day when Kaylee ripped the petals off Heidi's rose, she borke into tears and Kaylee sat there saying how it wasn't really her fault at all. It really bothered me that she said that when what she should have done was just try to make it up to Heidi. So now they have to ask what they can do and they have to actually do what the person asks. I'll be honest, it is always Kaylee who has to repair the damage. She ends up doing things like getting a cat for Daisy, cleaning up for Heidi or they will say she has to lick their toe. That poor girl never gets a break.
2 comments:
I love that idea! I'm going to have to try it. Next FHE we can talk about it. Poor Kaylee. Does she really lick her big toe? ")
I love that idea too Shauna! The grandkids really need help with that. Even Valerie thinks that if it was an accident, she doesn't have to say sorry. Sad.
Post a Comment