Yesterday was a beautiful day in Memphis!! I love, love, love, LOVE living out here in the Mid-South. I feel like our move out here was moving home. This is where I have always belonged and I am really going to miss it. I've been sad about moving away since we first got here. I just love it. But we are also excited for our move to Oregon and who knows, maybe I will feel like that was moving home as well. I've never wanted to move back to California so this is great! We are as close to California and family as you can get without actually being IN california! We are super excited to head out there but I my heart will, for now, be left in Tennessee.
So this is a funny story. We had a yard sale to start selling everything we own and this guy stopped by. He lives a few houses down but we've never talked to him so this was our first meeting. He checked out some things, chit-chatted and then asked how old Daisy was. I knew this guys wasn't too bright but automatically I started to worry about why he was so interested in Daisy. I I told him all the kids ages and he goes to his truck and comes back with two dresses (See Below). He hands them to me and says that they were at Walgreens for a quarter! He couldn't believe the deal so he got some and they might fit the little one. This guy has no kids but he is buying kids clothes that look like THIS!!!
I didn't explain that there was a reason they were marked down for 25 cents. Instead I figured I made out pretty good for having a yard sale but still managing to acquire more junk. But they were just too tacky to get rid of so I texted Marissa, told her the story, and informed her that Emery was going to be sporting one of my free yard sale dresses. And because I love Memphis so much I was a little happy that I finally have some clothing that represents our time here. This is our ONE item of clothing that says anything about Elvis or Memphis so I'm keeping it and Daisy has a new pajama dress-hideous as it is.
To continue our Memphis Monday we went to the Mississippi River for FHE. It's flooded and Ben loves to see it when it's flooded. This picture below shows the tree line where the water doesn't normally reach. So, pretty flooded.

To continue our Memphis Monday we went to the Mississippi River for FHE. It's flooded and Ben loves to see it when it's flooded. This picture below shows the tree line where the water doesn't normally reach. So, pretty flooded.
A cute picture of my family with the bridge in the background. That bridge is the state line between Tennessee and Arkansas. That's the bridge we'll drive over as we head back West (my stomach just dropped as I thought of that horrible moment when we will drive away from this place...I'm so sad about leaving.) And here's the kids hiding behind Ben because they were a little scared of the river, Daisy especially (she has a fear of pond water ever since her incident last spring).


Here is Blake touching the Mississippi for his first time! And here is Daisy freaking out about it. She screamed and cried because Heidi went to the water by herself to touch it and Daisy was just distraught. (We video taped some of it) Finally Heidi and Kaylee touched the Mississippi.



And because no post is complete without cute Blake pictures here are the most recent. He's a cute boy!


Here is Blake touching the Mississippi for his first time! And here is Daisy freaking out about it. She screamed and cried because Heidi went to the water by herself to touch it and Daisy was just distraught. (We video taped some of it) Finally Heidi and Kaylee touched the Mississippi.
And because no post is complete without cute Blake pictures here are the most recent. He's a cute boy!
8 comments:
I totally know what it's like to move away from a place that you love. I've done it twice and it has sucked both times and if we move away from here, i'm sure it'll be just as hard. But I am VERY excited that you are moving close to us. I can't wait for summer to come because that means you'll be close to us!!! Yippee!
If you don't want that awesome dress, I do. I'm completely serious.
That looks about as high as it was when we were there. We drove on the AR side to see how far inland it went also. It was pretty crazy. I really like the picture with the bridge in the back. I wish we had one too.
where do i get me one of those dresses???? i still think you should go see graceland before you leave.
ha ha, those are some sweet dresses! Only Daisy and Emery could be cute enough to pull them off. :)
Cute pics! I jus read you are moving to oregon. Where in oregon?
that is hilarious. now, not only do you have a cool elvis dress but you have a wacky story to go with it. that is awesome.
Post a Comment