Aren't we all glad to see something up there besides the marathon stuff? I have a bunch of Blake pictures to post. He's sitting on my lap while I type this. Daisy is napping and Kaylee is playing with her princess barbie babies while listening to Nadia's Theme over and over. She is a funny kid.
Before the marathon I had to make some of my yummy cupcakes and Blake got his first introduction to a lifetime of his Mom's baking. I love baking and I love that people love my baking. We went to a bakery in town just yesterday and the girls got to pick out a cookie. They pick fun sugar cookies that were nicely decorated but I have to admit I did not think they were all that great. I make much better sugar cookies. I love baking. I also love eating them and that's why I'm still not at my pre-pregnancy weight. Blake loved the cupcakes.


Last night I nursed Blake to sleep. He doesn't do that often and there are times when he is so big it seems like he shouldn't be nursing anymore but I have to remind myself that he is only 8 months old. Look how cute he is sleeping there. If you look really closely you can see the milk drooling out his mouth. So cute. Nursing is one of Heavenly Father's best inventions.


And then here is Blake getting into the Christmas spirit. We have the kids all draw names and he got Kaylee. I wrapped up the gift from him and he spent the rest of the night sitting on it. It is pretty funny watching him either try to get on top of a box to sit or try to pull the tree down.


Last night I nursed Blake to sleep. He doesn't do that often and there are times when he is so big it seems like he shouldn't be nursing anymore but I have to remind myself that he is only 8 months old. Look how cute he is sleeping there. If you look really closely you can see the milk drooling out his mouth. So cute. Nursing is one of Heavenly Father's best inventions.
And then here is Blake getting into the Christmas spirit. We have the kids all draw names and he got Kaylee. I wrapped up the gift from him and he spent the rest of the night sitting on it. It is pretty funny watching him either try to get on top of a box to sit or try to pull the tree down.
I love Christmas. I was talking with a friend today and it got me excited for Christmas. Then another friend borrowed my car to pick up their big gifts for their kids and I got all excited all over again. I LOVE Christmas. And, even though some might feel this is completely wrong, I love the presents!! I just love them. I know that "Jesus is the Reason for the Season" but I loce the present part. I don't think that's bad either. I feel like we keep the Savior involved in our lives all year long so the only thing that makes Christmas different from our regular life is the presents. If I were someone who didn't attend church regularly or didn't really belong to a church I could see where you would make more of an effort to remember the Savior at this time. I could see where you make sure to attend the Christmas Mass or try to read the Christmas story because it is the first time you've pick up the scriptures since Easter. However for us this time of year is the same as always except that we get to have presents so I'm really excited about the present part of it all!! I can't wait!! I'm not even all that excited about what they got from us as I am about what our families got them. Our kids are going to have a GREAT Christmas morning. I think they will be surprised to see what awesome toys they got. I'm excited!
PS-If you think I'm completely wrong and crazy for my take on Christmas that's cool. I won't be offended if you think that.
4 comments:
Bowen is on my lap smiling and talking jibberish when he sees a pic of blake. He is a cutie for sure!
I love buying presents and giving presents. If I were rich, I would go crazy during Christmas.
Thanks for the pictures of the Blakester. I wish that I could see him in real life....maybe someday. He is a cutie though. When I see him I always think, "Grandma, what big eyes you have!!"
Just wanted to let you know that Vivian loves those cupcakes too. I have never seen her eat any cake the way she devoured that cupcake that I brought home. In fact my whole family loved them. Sadly I don't make them chocolate things that often. Thanks for sharing them.
Post a Comment