My favorite thing about the New Year is the Resolutions!! I love, love, love thinking about new goals to make and new ways to improve. I love it! My goals this last year were 1) to read the BOok of Mormon 3 times...I just finished that today. That was hard. I had a lot of catch up days were I had to read ten pages a day to get caught up again. 2) Sing to the girls each night after reading to them. This is a little embarrassing to admit but they actually asked me to stop. I've always wanted to be a singer, never have been and I feel like this is the final blow to end any possible dreams/hopes I might have had to become a singer. 3) Reach my pre-pregnancy weight of 150 by Christmas. I came close. I got to 152 but then it was the two weeks before Christmas and I've put back on a few pounds that I will have to work off starting tomorrow.
With the new year upon us I've made my new list! I'm pretty excited about it. Some are as a wife, a mom, as a church member, physically, etc. I'm not going to post all of them but I'll share a few. 1) Read the Sunday school lesson each week & read Book of Mormon once
2) Run a 1/2 marathon in a 1:50ish time. Pretty much anything under 2 hours but I think I'd like it to be closer to 1:50 than 2 hours.
3)spend 10 mins with each kid individually, per day. I know this should have already been happening but there are times when my day is taken up with cleaning, running errands, naps, cooking, cleaning again, etc. I want to focus more on my kids.


As you can see from the pictures our kids are nuts about technology. We made a family goal that they only get to play on the computer twice a day for 15mins each time. Ben said that applied tome as well so I may not have enough computer time to post as often. (PS-I just noticed that the pictures of Daisy on the ipod look a little scandalous but she is playing a game where you pick out the girls dress and hair. She just hasn't gotten the dress on and the girls undershirt looks like her skin)


The goal I'm most excited about and feel my family needs the most is our Monday Manners. I've realized that my kids who we would acknowledge were incredibly shy are really just becoming incredibly rude. We can no longer attribute it to there personality. They are old enough now to just be polite. So I got a manners book from the library to see where to start and realized that I am also incredibly rude (I know many of you are out there shaking your head in agreement, thinking "about time she realized it") It's been a hard fact to face but our whole family needs to be more polite and learn our manners. I feel like that will help the kids play better together and we can avoid those embarrassing moments when our kids refuse to look or talk to kindly old ladies. Each Monday for FHE we are going to focus on a new manner, what to do, and we will practice it. This is going to last all year because it will take time for them to learn it all but I've already got the 52 weeks outlined. (If anyone wants the outline I can email it to you...I got it all from a book) I'm really excited and I hope that it improves my children so I never have to be embarrassed when I hear about my kids. They are always obedient but they just aren't polite or talkative to people and they can be quite abrupt when they do talk. So here is to a new year! I love making goals!
11 comments:
yeah, hook me up with that list because my kids need better manners as well. I love all your goals.
Good goals Shauna. Good luck with those.
Can I please get that list too? I know we can stand to have some refreshers. Good luck with all your goals you will do great as always.
hey that's neat! will you email me! i would be interested to get my kidos & my family in better shape! thanks what a great idea!
linnamae@hotmail.com
Those are the cutest pictures. I love the ones of Blake and Ben and the last one of Daisy is adorable. I guess send me the list even though we don't need any work on manners at our house.
those are some great goals! I especially like the manners list...wanna send it my way?
kbug428 at yahoo dot com
hook me up! I would love to help my kids too!
You may or may not have known that I'm one of your blog stalkers because I rarely comment on any blog. But I would love your manner outline list. Man, do we need that at our house!
owensgirl(at)gmail(dot)com
Haylee Marshall
Shauna, would you also email me a copy of the outling.
the.mcoskers@gmail.com
Thank you, Glenda
OUTLINE
hi Shauna,
can you send me the list of manners - please - jmr54@hotmail.com.
And the pillow pets in the stores are the large ones - the little ones are really little. Kaylee will love one :)
Post a Comment