Monday, October 18, 2010

The Temple

I'm not the type to talk much about religion on my blog even though I am a devout member of my church. I just don't do well with talking about feelings and emotions and things like that. Normally I just either tell funny stories about my kids or vent about my kids. But I feel like I should talk a little about the temple today.
Ben and I have started trading off on saturdays between going to the temple and watching the kids. I've really enjoyed this. Each time I get to go I feel so blessed to be a part of this gospel. I felt a special connection this last time to my posterity. I don't know them yet but while there I was praying that my service in the temple would bless them. I hope that one day me and generations of children will meet together in the spirit world and we will all have lived worthily to enter into the celestial kingdom. I love the peace the gospel brings in the reassurance that if I remain faithful the sealing power can save my children even if they are not valiant in the faith.
I love how simple this gospel is. The ordinances are simple. The temple is simple. There is a divine beauty in simplicity. I want to share my testimony that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is God's church on the earth. No other religion can make that claim. This is the true church, the true religion, His gospel. I know that to be true and testify that anyone can gain a testimony if they will read the Book of Mormon. They will be able to resist temptation and bare their burdens better by attending the temple. There is a power within the temple walls that you are entitled to by serving in the temple. It will be a power that will influence you, your family and your life. With the promise of so much heavenly help how can you not want to attend the temple?

2 comments:

Glenda said...

Shauna, Thank you for sharing your testimony. What you said is so true. Just what I need to read today. love you, Aung Glenda

Big Mama said...

THanks for sharing that. Jason and I have been thinking we need to do the same thing because who can afford a babysitter nowadays?