Kaylee is one of three kids her age at church and so there wasn't a chance for me to do a preschool with anyone like I had done with Heidi. Do big deal, right? Oh no! Kaylee remembered and has been asking about starting preschool for the last month. Luckily I have Micaela around. She is the nice mom that I should be but that I don't put the effort into being. She is doing a small preschool with friends and said that Kaylee could come when the preschool was being held at her house. So this is Kaylee all excited for her first day of preschool.
She had to have a water bottle and snack like Heidi takes to school. The other kids are well over a year younger than her so the material is easy-breezy for Kaylee but she loved going. She loved having something that was her thing. Loved learning about squares and even told me that she had new friends. I was invited to join but for some reason the thought of becoming involved and committed just sounds like one more stress added to my life. But I did start a 'Kaylee's Kitchen' class that we do on fridays. We invited one primary friend and then her preschool friends. Kaylee picks two recipes out this silly snacks cookbook and we make those snacks with the kids. Even though this is more work to do a weekly cooking class it doesn't seem like work. I love doing it for Kaylee and she loves having friends over for the day.
We made mini dizzy dogs (cocktail weenies wrapped in cresent roll strips and then baked) and chocolate banana pops. It was so fun so to cook with the kids. And Kaylee is really happy about it. Her behavior has really improved. She wants to help, cleans her room when asked, gets herself dressed without a problem, and has become buddies with Hadley. We have had a lot of fun with her lately and I'm excited for each cooking class.
3 comments:
Kaylee looks all grown up now. It is times like these that I feel sad that I am missing most of your kids' lives. She looks cute though. The cooking Friday thing is a good idea but would be my nightmare.
Shauna,
Jackson loved the cooking class too so we are really excited about it! PLEASE bring Kaylee to my house too when we have preschool here. (that means next week) I am more than happy to have her come!
Very cute posts on all your sweet kids!! Love them. Isn't it interesting how everyone has a turn at being the problem child? I can't believe what a difference a few months makes with Kaylee. She is all smiles. Time for Daisy to be the mean one. LOL
Post a Comment