Saturday, July 31, 2010
13.1
So our ward at a 5K for the 4th of July. While there, some friends were running further and told me how they run in the morning and invited me to join. One of them is training for a marathon. I decided to go for it because, let's face it, I need to exercise more to compensate for my giant bowl of ice cream each night. So I've been running with them and Saturdays are always the "long day". At first it was 8 miles and I was nervous but did it. Then my friend came up with the brilliant idea of just running a half-marathon on our long day. And I did it!!! Within a month I went from sporadically exercising to running a half-marathon! It felt great and I never in my life thought about running that far of a distance. I came in at 2 hours, 7 mins and I'm totally thrilled with my time. Thanks to my friends for making me do more than I ever thought was possible! I just might do a marathon next. If I do I'm getting one of those 26.2 stickers for my car.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is amazing!It took my months to train for a half marathon. I have only gotten to 4 miles since I had Scarlett. I am envious more so because you have friends that want to run. Mine think 3 miles is a lot. Anyways, soak it all up. It's an amazing feeling
Wow Shauna I am totally impressed. You are awesome. And you lived to post a blog about it.
COOLIO!! Way to go Shauna! I've never done one before. It sounds knee hurty. But I salute you! ANd I want to do it someday. Maybe the St. Judes.
That is awesome! Way to Go Shauna!!
_____8888888888____________________
____888888888888888_________________
__888888822222228888________________
_888888222I2222288888_______________
888888222222222228888822228888______
888882222222222222288222222222888___
88888222222222LUV22222222222222288__
_8888822222222222222222222222222_88_
__88888222222222222222U22222222__888
___888822222222222222222222222___888
____8888222222222222222222222____888
_____8888222222222222222222_____888_
______8882222222222222222_____8888__
_______888822222222222______888888__
________8888882222______88888888____
_________888888_____888888888_______
__________88888888888888____________
___________888888888________________
____________888888__________________
_____________8888___________________
______________88____________________
______________8_____________________
______________1_____________________
_______________1____________________
________________1___________________
_________________1__________________
__________________1_________________
__________________1_________________
_________________1__________________
________________1___________________
_______________1____________________
______________1_____________________
______________1_____________________
_______________1____________________
________________1___________________
_________________1__________________
__________________1_________________
___________________1__________
Post a Comment