Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Heidi's 6th birthday

Year One
Turning Two
Three
Four
Five
And SIX!!!

Today is heidi's birthday! I've been excited all week, pretty much all month. I love birthdays! It's weird to have a kid so old. She is a funny girl. I would have to label her 'nerdy' because she is just a dork. When I asked her what she wanted for her birthday she wanted a watch, a magnifying glass, piano books and a helmet WITH knee pads and elbow pads. Knee pads and elbow pads?? What a loser! But I also love the person she is becoming because she is a lot like me. She loves to read, learn new things, is responsible, likes to cook, and overall I can't forsee having to worry about her spiritual well-being in the future. She keeps the rules better than Ben and I do.

Her birthday breakfast and presents. She got her magnifying glass, piano books, helmet (with NO pads) and money towards her watch. From Ben and I she got a scooter.
We let the girls buy presents for each other from the dollar store. They picked out pinwheels and a slinky for Heidi.
Our attempt at a good picture. You can tell that Kaylee really was trying to smile for me.
She loved her scooter but unfortunately Heidi is not a very coordinated person. Sports are not going to be her thing. She did alright though and loves her scooter. She wants to try riding it to school one day.
Today we are meeting for her lunch and then later taking cupcakes for the class snack. We'll have more pictures to put up later.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Heidi! Wow the time sure is going by so fast... Hope the day is great, we miss you. Aunt Kimmie and Uncle Jeremy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Heidi. I wish that we could be there. I tried to call but your mom's phone doesn't work and dad was at work. But I did post a birthday hello on my facebook. Love you girl.
Grammy or Mimi

Anonymous said...

I love the picture of Sammy holding her...wow, he looks so young. I love her four year picture too.

Glenda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Heidi. Hope you had a great day. Enjoy your scooter. love you, Aunt Glenda

DAVID & ELISSA said...

Happy Birthday Heidi!!! I can't believe she is 6! Where did the time go?