Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Sub Sandwich Incident

Each month I am in charge of a Relief Society lunch group. Most times it is just potluck type stuff and, since I am in charge, I always bring a lot of food so that I know there will be enough. I never know how many are coming or what they are bringing so I make enough food so that even if I am the only one there it will be a delicious meal for me. This month I was in the mood for a sub sandwich with the works. So I spend about 45 mins putting together my sandwich, wrapping it up and putting it in the car. I went back into the house to get the potato salad, chips, lemonade and guacamole when Daisy walks into the house holding THIS:
She was holding the top of the sandwich. I couldn't figure out how she got to it but I grabbed the top and hoped that I could just put it back on the sandwich and all would be well. I was not expecting THIS:
There was my delicious sandwich loaded with meat, cheese, lettuce, tomato and pickles all over the driveway. I was very sad. I still think it looks good even all over the ground. Luckily I still had my potato salad in tact to bring to the lunch group. Ben and I always joke about which kids are Hancocks or Taylors based on their eating. Since Daisy tried to take on an entire sub-sandwich by herself she is definitely a Hancock.

7 comments:

The G-5+2 said...

Oh that stinks. I wish I could have come, hopefully next month.

Unknown said...

MMMM it does look like a good sandwich even on the ground... I love Kaylees face! She is getting to big, tell her to quit growing!

Valerie: said...

OMG what a little stinker...where was that picture taken of her holding the sandwich? It looks like its in an alley way or something. She is looking bigger all the time.

Anonymous said...

Funniest thing ever. In that picture, she looks just like Kaylee. That sandwich looked delicious even on the ground.

Mallory and Wendell said...

Oh my goodness. That is so sad. Huge sub sandwiches are one of my favorite things ever!!! Maybe you can make another one and eat it all for yourself. :)

Anonymous said...

That is sooooo funny!!! Always have that camera in your hand, just like a good blogger. Precious

Katie said...

seriously so sad...I LOVE SUBS! But she looks so dang cute, how can you stay mad at her, right?