Friday, July 17, 2009

Coloring

My kids spend a lot of time coloring.  They insist on using my sharpees, have a large stack of white paper and they work away at their little table.  We have tons of Heidi's pictures on the fridge and taped everywhere through out the house.  One of Heidi's latest projects included drawing the layout of each room and taping the picture to the wall of that room so that we would know what room we were in.  And Kaylee has even started taping up her things as well.  She colored a picture for her friend Jayden and it is taped to the living room wall so Jayden will see it next time she comes over.  But my favorite is stuff like this.
I often walk into my bedroom and find a picture/card made just for me.  It will be on the dresser, on my pillow or in my secret drawer on my dresser.  Heidi loves making pictures for me. Lately she has started drawing dinosaurs and sea monsters (who knows where she gets her ideas)  This is the picture she drew this morning and hung on the wall by the computer.  See if you can figure it out before you read the description.
It is a dinosaur at the zoo (hence the cage) with his own toilet (hence the poop AND pee you can see) and a sink to wash his hands in.  I told Ben he needs to quit making poop jokes because the girls think it is funny.  Personally I don't want to see dinosaur poop when I walk in the room.  I think this picture might be one of the ones I save.

4 comments:

Olive and Kaylee said...

As soon as you said she had drawn a toilet with poop, I thought, "I bet she's learning that from Ben!"

Anonymous said...

Way too cute!!!!! Good job Heidi!!

Anonymous said...

seriously, change your blog.

Anonymous said...

Shauna has decided to quit blogging.