Friday, May 22, 2009

Beach Day

We went to visit my sister down in Fremont and spent the day at the beach. The girls LOVED it. This is Daisy on the way.
Heidi's first time at the ocean. She loved the whole thing. It has been her favorite part of the trip so far.

Kaylee was surprisingly happy at the beach. She was a little rotten when we didn't have peanut butter and jelly for her but after she refused the sandwich, buried her carrots in the sand and just decided not to eat she was happy again.
The first thing Daisy did when we set her down was eat a handful of sand. It didn't bother her at all. She even enjoyed eating the carrots that she found while digging in the sand.
OK, so the day before we set out for fremont I was so tired. I had spent the day cleaning my parents shed and was just exhausted from the heat, moving things, dealing with the kids, etc. I was so excited to go to bed. But, the girls fell asleep on the way home and took late naps. When I was ready for bed the girls were not. The video is the girls that night when i was putting them to bed. The good thing is that it made me laugh.

3 comments:

LaNell Brown said...

Is scotty wearing a speedo? Cute pictures it looks like you are all having fun.

Anonymous said...

So cute!!!! yeah, kids sleep in the car and then are ready to go when you are exhausted....I remember!!! LOL

Katie said...

showing luke the beach this past weekend has been for sure one of the highlights of motherhood. it looks like your kids LOVED it too. isn't it so fun to provide experiences like this for your children?