Monday, April 13, 2009

Does this look like Easter??

When I decided to cancel the ward easter egg hunt and do something different for Easter I didn't understand why people were mad.  I didn't see why the easter egg hunt was such a big deal.  Then, because we had nothing better to do, we went to another church easter egg hunt since we were invited.  Now, looking at the picture below would you guess that was an Easter-related church activity??  This church had 100,000 eggs in their egg hunt.  I understand a little better why an easter egg hunt was such a big deal.  It is just a big deal here in the south.
This was before the ride started.
This was during it.  They didn't like the horn noises.
I do like this picture though.
After getting lost at the giant easter egg hunt it is nice to remember what Easter is truly about.  This is a video produce by our church using a conference talk given last week.

 I loved this talk during conference-it was actually one of the highlights because I had never before considered how alone the Savior really was.


7 comments:

Than and Erica said...

that was my favorite talk from conference. I think it was most peoples. so good

Micaela said...

Where was this and why didn't you tell us about it!? So fun!

Keri said...

If it makes you feel any better, I didn't even notice that there was no ward egg hunt until maybe two days ago.

Jason Both said...

All the Baptist churches down her go way out. They have Easter carnivals. Pretty crazy

Jason Both said...

Hey there!!! I've just made both my blogs private. I'll send you and invite. I'm makinging my family one almost all the way private, and the other one semi public. (private, but I'm inviting everyone to it.) I don't have your e-mail. Send and e-mail to: jbo2000@msn.com and I'll send back an invite. Thanks.

Tiff Rudd said...

That is insane! Where was that? We had a ward easter egg hunt...but it sure didn't look like that!!

Janae said...

Hey Shauna. I'm just finishing a masters in public policy. It has been a really great experience and I'm really excited to be done. It is kind of crazy that we won't be students anymore. Are you guys getting pretty close to being done?