Friday, March 27, 2009

Some Heidi Comments

The girls were allowed a gumball and they assign their gumballs flavors based on the color of the gumball.  Kaylee got a white gumball this morning.

Heidi: Mom, is there a fruit or vegetable that is white?
Me: Well bananas are white on the inside. (I could not think of a white fruit)
Heidi: Hmm.  Kaylee maybe it is banana flavored.
Me: Onions are white.
Heidi: It could be onion flavored.
Kaylee: It is onion!

We are reading Wayside School is Falling Down (Heidi loves this book)  The chapter we were about to start was called 'Valooosh'.  Heidi said, "What a weird name.  I would never name one of my babies that."  I thought it was funny since the names she has picked out for her babies so far are Twila and Sparkle.  I think Valoosh actually goes along well with those names.  I love Heidi because everything is so thought out, practical, logical and can be reasoned in some way.  She is a creature of habit who doesn't try anything new and if I say "we don't do that" or "that goes over there" then that is how it is!  She sticks to whatever rule we have and will even remind me when I am doing something wrong.  She will find a reason for everything even if that reason doesn't make much sense.  She is a funny girl.

3 comments:

Katie Leigh said...

I like Sparkle. That kid would *never* get teased on the playground.

Anonymous said...

What cute little names she has. She is going to be such a wonderful young lady when she grows up!

Katie said...

I know! Seriously, where have you been! JK, I have been holding a crying baby for the last 6 days, not sleeping, and not eating, because of holding the crying baby, so needless to say I am both cranky and busy. I miss you! Lets try and get a hold of one another. I don't think I'll have anything worth while to say, because, well, it's been one of those weeks! Oh, and about your dream it's been partly true lately because I'm close to having a nervous breakdown!!! Help me!!!! :)