Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Party and Piercing

When we do birthday parties I only let my girls pick 4 people.  She picked her friends from her old SUnbeam class.  I like to keep the parties small, especially since we are in the house.  It was a good thing we didn't have more people.  It felt packed enough with the few kids we had.  We got some balloons to give those who came but the kids ended up playing with the balloons, running through the house the whole time.  I have not figured out how to plan a party and activities and have it all run smoothly.  No one ever seems interested in the games.  Or, there will be two kids really interested and the rest are off doing who knows what!
Heidi wanted a blue and white cake.  At first I thought it was a wreck but it turned out cute in the end.  

We went out for dinner at Heidi's favorite BBQ restuarant, Pig N Whistle.  I don't know why she likes it because she orders a cheese quesadilla and then only eats the french fries.  
Of course I have to put in a cute picture of Daisy.  She had a fever but was still able to give a quick smile.
Here is the ear piercing!  The before:
Making the mark.
Here is comes....
And the after.  
She picked a daisy flower earring but the lady put in the wrong one.  She put in some huge earring and had to pull it out and then shoot her ear again.  She was actually doing pretty good with the crying until the lady had to pull it out and do it again.  There is a video below if you want to watch.  She likes them, though.  Kaylee didn't want to watch and has NO desire to ever get her ears pierced.  Oh yeah, I was going to let Heidi pick out some earrings for later.  She was looking and said, "I know which ones I want" and picks out huge silver loop earrings that were probably as big as her ears!  We didn't buy them.

15 comments:

Jason Both said...

We made sure there were two people to shoot the earings at the same time when Becca got her's done. It got it over with really fast.

Jason Both said...

I just watched the video. It kinda takes them by suprise. You tell them that it hurts a little bit, but I don't think they really believe it. Becca was afraid to change her earings for like a year because she thought it would hurt. She loves them though, and she is curently wearing my little hoops from when I was like six. They are so cute on her. I don't see Jamie wanting earings for awhile. She hasn't showed any interest in it yet.

Unknown said...

Way to go Heidi you did such a good job getting your ears pierced. It looks like you had tons of fun at your party! Wish we could have been there. Love You

Olive and Kaylee said...

Ok, that video was awful! I can't believe that lady put the wrong one in, that was so sad. After watching that I don't think Olive is ever getting her ears pierced, I'm too big of a baby, I couldn't breath during the whole video!

Jana said...

Happy Birthday, again and again! I can't believe she went through with it. I'm too much of a baby. The video made me NEVER want my kids to get their ears pierced. Ick.

Than and Erica said...

that last picture of heidi is the saddest ever! That darn lady!

Dava_Hudson said...

I would have been so mad at that lady! geez, she was already scared and crying and she put the wrong ones in?? But heidi looks very pretty, she did a very good job. i would have cried too heidi!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe the lady put in the wrong earring...I wouldn't have paid. Poor Heidi Bears. What kind of mother posts a video like that??? You were brave Heidi.

Katie said...

I know what you mean about the game thing. It is like trying to herd chickens. Heidi's earrings are really cute, how sad that the lady messed up. I would have been annoyed.
The cake is seriously awesome! I can't believe you made it. When you were on the phone saying that it looked like crap I must say I was expecting something different. :)
I think you way more talented than you realize.
P.S. So you thought the word boob was a bit too much. :) It made me laugh that you said that.

Katie said...

Ok, I just watched the video. How sad, but you were very good at comforting her.
I also watched the video of "Ben and that kid". I was laughing so hard. What is that all about? That kid was totally kicking Ben's trash. :) Why is Ben so funny to me? I'm dying, really.

Anonymous said...

What a pretty little girl Heidi!! It hurts to be pretty sometimes, huh?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh Shauna, that video was more than I could bear!! That is so sad. How hard for you to be trying to take the video and comfort her at the same time. For a grandma, that was too much.

Amber said...

Wow what a party :) I love that she picked out huge hoops! Happy b-day- Heidi!!

Peggy said...

The video made me cry. I'm so glad I wasn't there because I would have made the whole situation so much worse! Me bawling, Heidi bawling...it would have been embarrassing!

Jill M said...

Giant earrings, she is a girl after my own heart. My poor ears, I love big earrings.