Saturday, December 6, 2008

The Ward Party is DONE!

I love when a ward activity is over.  It is just a nice feeling.  This week was crazy getting ready.  I was stressed and worried about not having enough food (turns out we had PLENTY-about 20lbs of potatoes left over.  Thanks to Jana and Katie for making them.)  Turns out when I have an activity coming up my body can't handle the stress and anxiety I have and I end up sick.  Once again I was sick on the day of an activity.  We are done though.  Here was my favorite part...
Kaylee learned how to cut her roll with her knife.  She made a mess cutting her roll to pieces.  

This was the backdrop we made.  I tried to get Santa's home in the north pole.  I liked the fire though.

Oh wait, this was my favorite part.  Half of the singing group was dancing and the other half wasn't.  I wasn't able to get a picture of it but it was funny.  The song was fun.  
And of course Heidi still didn't talk to Santa.  She waited in line but then chickened out at the end.  She told me later that she will try again when she is five or maybe ten.  Well I am done for the night.  I took some nighttime formula for my cold and I hope it works.  I hope I get knocked out from it!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You brought back so many memories of when I was Activity Chair!!! Oh my gosh, I swore I would never enjoy another activity because of the stress. Once it was over and everyone was so impressed, I was happy but exhausted and relieved more. I feel your pain!!!! Get well soon!

Katie said...

That party looks awesome Shauna! I LOVE the backdrop. You really did an amazing job. Don't stress yourself out too much. Then you might Bell's palsy. :)
P.S. Don't you love cold medicine that knocks you out. I could become addicted.

Big Mama said...

Oh gosh, I always get sick when I'm stressed! I hope you guys all gets better! It looks like you did a great job! You always do though!

Katie said...

Great job Shauna! You are one talented girl to pull all that off. And you never seem stressed out at all. It was a great night. Thanks.

THE BLAIRS said...

Yeah I am glad the party is over too. I have some bad news though.. I saw you weren't there on sunday and I was released from activities! I am sorry. But i am now enrichment leader. so thats atleast one more thing off your list. (ps what do you do as enrichment leader?!?~!>) same thing just with only the women?