Saturday, November 15, 2008

Coincidence? Or Retribution?

Do you remember this past summer when the California judges took the law into their own hands and allowed homosexual couples to be married?  Remember what happened after that?  Wildfires spread through the state!  It was crazy.  It was right as my parents were out visiting us with Daisy and I remember the fires multiplied each day.  My Dad liked to joke that it was California's punishment for allowing the gays and lesbians to be married.  

Well, guess what.  After Prop 8 passed there has been a lot of anger towards the church.  Protestors have been targeting our church, specifically the Los Angeles Temple.  And now look.  A wildfire, spreading from Hurricane-like winds is burning in Los Angeles.  I am starting to think that this is much more than just a coincidence. 

6 comments:

Haylee said...

You know, I'd never really connected the two. But now that you mention it, it makes perfect sense. I agree, this is likely not a coincidence.

nblair said...

I remember from stake conference one of the brothern said, "coincidence is just God's way of being anonymous." I though that was cute.

Katie said...

Funny you should bring this up because I have been putting the 2 together! It's crazy how everything is coming to a head..we have some rough times ahead, but following Heavenly Father makes it worth it!

Josh n Betsie said...

no kidding!

Jason Both said...

So I love your side bar goals. They are very much the same things I try to do. Get my kids to eat at the table, go to bed by a certain time, learn a new word. I probably only accomplish my goals maybe a quarter of a time though. At least I try.

Katie said...

Ok, as far as the blog background: Go to thecutestblogontheblock.com and it is WAY easy to put it on your blog! On the left hand side click the background link and it'll tell you how to put it on your blog. If you need any other help, let me know!
ALSO, the reason why we didn't put the stamp of approval on the Dark Knight was because I have to watch it again. We watched it in the movie theater and I was at a weird angle. Plus, it was so DARK! Luke can't wait to buy it either, but we'll redbox it first!