Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Why does she spit up?

I have a question. Daisy spits up all the time. Much more than my other two and I am started to think there might be something wrong. It's not just spitting up after she eats either. She spits up whenever! She also spits far. If she is lying on her back and spits it will fly an inch above her mouth/face and then fall to the side. It is like watching a fountain spray up and then fall. What is wrong? Is it my diet? Does she just eat too much? Is there anything I can do to fix this? Please give me any advice you think might help.

8 comments:

Keri said...

Does she cry a lot? Does she spit up more if she's lying down? It could be reflux. Julia wasn't much of a spit-upper so that's all I've got.

Katie said...

I would have to agree with Keri...our friend's baby did the same thing and it was reflux. He is on medicine for it and is doing much better!

Katie said...

Ok, this is what I think...You might not want to hear this, but it is probably something that you are eating that is upsetting her tummy. The reason that I think this is because it happened to little Lincoln. Remember when I cut Dairy and Chocolate out of my diet. Well, Lincoln kept on spitting up whenever and I didn't know why. I talked to Andrea and she said that Bentley did the same thing. Then she started trying to figure out what it was. She started looking at what she ate and sure enough that was the culprit. Anyway, I did it and it totally worked. Then after a while I started introducing it back into my diet and it helped a ton! He stopped spitting up.

Tina said...

Kaelin did that and it was reflux. her doctor never believed that the amount i was describing was the truth. In our diaper bag we had at least three outfits, for me and her because it was so much spit up. She didn't get any meds we just tried to keep her upright as much as we could. She eventually grew out of it.

Josh n Betsie said...

The girls both did that and they got zantac for it from their doctor and are So much better. I think Josiah had it too but we aren't sure it didn't even cross our mind.

Michael and Peggy Taylor Family said...

I have a funny story: My sister Claudia's daughter, would spit up huge quantities of milk also...one afternoon she was in Target buying necessities when Kristi decided it was time to nurse. She wheeled the cart to the clothes area and went into a changing room to feed her. As they were nursing slowly, taking their time, Claudia glanced at her watch and found she was about 15 minutes late picking up her older girls from school. She quickly unlatched Kristi and put her over her shoulder, buttoned her shirt as she left the changing room, grabbed the cart and jogged to the checkout. She heard a huge burp...a millisecond later a huge SPLAT, like a bucket of water being flung onto the floor...and never looked back. She did feel some remorse for the Target employee who had to clean up the mess!

Honestly, Daisy's tummy is probably only as big as a golf ball about now, and she is taking in too much food!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Grandma.... My Ashley wouldn't stop eating and he spit up for a whole year! No one ever wanted to hold him because he was gross. He was collicky and the first and I was a dummy.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Normally I dont' give my 2 cents about kid problems b/c I dont' have kids. But seriously...most of the time with issue like this it IS diet: Yours. I can only say this b/c I do actually have some expertise in this dept. :) Sounds like you are on the right track though. Dairy is always the first thing to cut. sucks, I know. Then wheat. But if she's still doing it then for sure see a doc! I would never put them on meds until you know for sure though.