Saturday, September 20, 2008

Swaddling

I am a firm believer in swaddling. I wrap my babies up tight whenever it is time for bed. I love it because they know it is bedtime when the blanket comes out. (Although she doesn't look ready for bed in this picture.) I swaddle my kids until they are about 9 months old.
My mother-in-law gave me a book that said the secret to a happy baby is Swaddling, Shushing, Swinging, Sucking and Being on their side. I don't follow all of the steps but I do swaddle religiously. Heidi has even figured out how to swaddle her dolls because we do it all the time.
My mom always think they look like a little baby in a papoose. You know, the little indian babies that are wrapped tight and carried on the mother's back while they traveled to the river to do the wash.
My mom also says she looks like Charlie Brown-which she DOESN'T. Charlie Brown has a large head. Daisy's head isn't too big but just perfectly round. Like a pancake. I love it.
My mom wanted to see a picture of her chubby legs. She is so big that I put this outfit on for the first time and she already filled it out! Sad. She is just too big.
She is trying to wave goodbye. The video isn't great-just another grandparent video where I am trying to get her to talk. She gives some cute smiles in the video but most of you will think it is too long to watch.

12 comments:

Dava_Hudson said...

I am a firm believer in swaddling. Eric and i were just talking the other night how we were excited to have another baby to swaddle. I always think they look like little burritos. :) btw Eli loves your videos of daisy. He likes to look at the "cute Baybee"

Katie said...

I love swaddling too. I was glad to read this because Luke turned 9 months today and as I put him down for a nap and swaddled him up - I wondered if I was a freak mom for still swaddling him. But it's not like he stays in it anymore - it's more of a ritual for him to know that it's time for sleep.
Loved the video of Daisy. What a chubby and happy baby. Good job.

Anonymous said...

Shauna, Daisy looks like the glow worm in these pictures. I remember when all three of us girls shared a bedroom and my favorite thing was when that little plastic glow worm would glow.. especially when she smiles. she is just so cute though!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the cute pictures. I agree with Becca...she looks like a glow worm. "Pancake head" just gets cuter and cuter and I loved the video especially when she was trying to talk and her dopey grin.

Anonymous said...

And I love the chubby legs.

Anonymous said...

I just watched the video again...it is your best one yet. I loved it.

Caralee and Jon said...

Oh what a happy girl!!

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is the best yet. It wasn't too long....not long enough!! Seems that Kaylee needed a little "swaddling" 'eh??? LOL Love you!!

Katie said...

So sweet. I like swaddiling too. She is getting so big! It is really sad how fast they grow, but I guess that is life.
P.S. I don't think she has a big head either. :)

cami said...

Shauna!! Its Cami, you remember me, your long lost roommate!! Rachael gave me your blog website! How are you!!?? Ican't believe you have 3 kids!! They are soooooo cute! What is new with you and Ben? I sure miss you guys!

cami said...

by the way its cami again, e-mail me if ya get a chance,my e-mail is csquared_@mn.com

Tina said...

I'm curious if you swaddle at naps too, or just for the night time routine?