Saturday, June 14, 2008

Things I learned this time around

My mom calls everyday now to see if the baby is coming. And everyday I tell her, in a somewhat exasperated tone "It's not coming I feel fine." Today she told that she missed out on eight months of asking how I was feeling so she was going to ask anyway to make up for it. I thought that made complete sense and decided I would also post this to give a small glimpse into my past eight months. This pregnancy was normal in many ways-nothing wrong with the baby, I am not too big, she kicked and moved at the right time, etc. But there were some difference that I thought I could share.

1. The most important thing was that I exercised. It has been the best part of my pregnancy. I get up, go running (sometimes walking) and I just felt great! Not only that but it has helped me to not gain any unnecessary weight-thus making the whole pregnancy go smoother. I have 17 days until Baby Daisy and I have 8 miles left to go. Having a goal to complete 100 miles was a good idea because it made me have to get out even when I didn't want to. That was one reason I was glad my mom didn't know. If she knew I was running every day I would get a lecture about it every day. But that has been my favorite part of the pregnancy.

2. I have never thrown up in a pregnancy before but this time I threw up 3 times. And every time it came on quick and was over as soon as I threw up. I know some people don't like to throw up but the sooner you do the sooner you can get on with your day. Heidi and Kaylee thought the whole thing was interesting and would sit and watch-gross.

3. Chinese food is not good for me while I am pregnant. I would eat Chinese food and then be huge for about four days! I don't know why but it was a really uncomfortable time when I was bloated and stuffed to the max with Chinese food. I love Chinese food but, being pregnant in Rexburg, I never ate it (there is not a single good chinese place in Rexburg-Fongs is about the grossest chinese food I have ever had). But, we found a good Chinese joint out here and that was what we ordered when we would eat out...it never sat well. I can't mix Chinese and pregnancy.

4. I have slept on the couch for almost the entire nine months. For some reason my back hurts in this one spot at night. But, if I sleep on the couch it doesn't hurt. So each night I would go to bed with Ben, wake around 2 or 3, go pee, and then head to the couch. I will be glad when the baby is here so I can just sleep in bed all night.

5. This time around I didn't wear maternity shirts. Instead I bought some shirts from Downeast Outfitters. They are the long modest shirts and they have been wonderful. I don't feel like I am wearing a gigantic big shirt that is frumpy. Instead I look sort of cute. I would suggest that to others. They are much more flattering.

That is all I can think of right now. It has been a fun pregnancy but I will be glad when it is over. I keep wanting my labor to start so I can be done but then it wouldn't be born on Sammy's birthday. I think my doctor thinks I'm crazy for going over-I have been called an odd duck because of that-but I just think if it has to be done on a Tuesday why not make it a special day? We'll see if I make it!

7 comments:

Josh n Betsie said...

It was great seeing you yesterday. You look AWESOME! I can't even belive how small you are. I guess everyone is small compared to me though. Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy.

Than and Erica said...

See and I'm selfish because I love birthdays and wouldn't want to share it with anyone. That's the differenct between you and me! :)

THE BLAIRS said...

Hey I sleep on the couch too! my back kills me if i dont! Congrats on having a baby this coming weekend! =)

THE BLAIRS said...

Hey I sleep on the couch too! my back kills me if i dont! Congrats on having a baby this coming weekend! =)

THE BLAIRS said...

Hey I sleep on the couch too! my back kills me if i dont! Congrats on having a baby this coming weekend! =)

Katie said...

So, are you going to accomplish your running goal now that Daisy is due earlier?
Also, how do you run being 9 months pregnant?!
AND..I am going to have to get some of those shirts from Downeast..no more fruppy Katie during pregnancy!!

Big Mama said...

Wait a second!! You're pregnant? Um, why did I not know this? Gosh Shauna, you must just be too good for me now huh to let me know? ;-) Well that is soooooo exciting!! The 21st? That's my dads, Nick HOpkins, and Josh Robertson's birthdays too. Sweet! I hope everything goes well for you!! Good luck!! Love you guys!