Friday, June 20, 2008

The LAST Mile

I did it!! I completed my 100 miles goal! Ben woke me up at 5:00 this morning so that I could go out and finish the very last mile. I got dressed and was really excited. This is me as I am about to head out the door. (This is also me with no make-up so don't look too closely at the picture!)At 25 weeks I ran a mile for time and did a 9 min mile. At 30 weeks I tried again and came in at 8:40. This morning I ran for time again and was able, at 39 weeks, to shave off a little more time and I ran an 8:30 mile! I was excited. I was also pooped out and went back to bed. I would like to take some time to tell Benji thanks for being such a good husband. I come up with a lot of crazy ideas (like not telling people I was pregnant, running 100 miles, etc) and he just lets me do it. He helps me with it, he supports me on it, and he even wakes up early on his day off so I can run and he watch the girls. He is just the best husband. I would also like to thank all those who did this goal with me and those who encouraged me in it. That support made me keep going. And I would like to thank Linkin Park, Buck Cherry, Finger Eleven and, most importantly, Collective Soul for keeping me running at a fast pace. Whenever I need to go just a little bit further and didn't think I could I always had my music to make me go faster.
Not only was today the last mile but it is also the last day of being pregnant! The last day of sleeping on the couch. The last time I will have to check my weight on the scale by looking to the side of my stomach. The last I will have to hold my breath while I tie my shoes. The last time that, when I drop food while eating, it will land on my stomach instead of the napkin on my lap. The last time I will bump into something because I forget that I am huge. The last time I will have to wear maternity clothes. Well...that is until we get pregnant again. And don't worry, we will tell you when that happens again. Have a great Friday and a great weekend!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

GOOD for you Shauna. You have inspired me. 6 down 94 to go. I'm going to try and walk/run 2 1/2 miles a day 5 days a week. I will think of you. God be with you tomorrow. Love, Aunt Glenda

Katie said...

CONGRATS on finishing your goal!! That is fantastic! And congrats early on the arrival of Daisy!! Can't wait for pictures!

Jason Both said...

Good job Shauna! I've made a distance goal. I've always wanted to, but never have. Things are starting to settle down a bit now thay Eiley is getting a little older, so after I read about your 100 mile goal, I decided it would be a good thing for me too. I got really out of shape with everything that happened during my last pregnancy, and now I'm excited to get back into shape. Thanks for inspiring me! Good luck with the baby. I can't wait to see pictures.

Elisha said...

Good luck tomorrow. I know this is corny to say, but you look so grown up. It has been SO long since I have seen you. You are beautiful. Thanks for making a comment on my blog so I could find your blog. I want to see pics of your family. Your girls are beautiful. Keep in touch.

Josh n Betsie said...

You are awesome. Good luck tomorrow I can't wait to see daisy.

Caralee and Jon said...

That is amazing! Good job! I'm already huge i feel like and I'm not nearly as cute or far along as you are. Maybe I should walk/run 100 miles during my pregnancy!?

Jana said...

YAY FOR YOU! I hope that I can look as good as you while I'm not pregnant as you do pregnant! I'm excited for Daisy's arrival today!

Shannon said...

Haha, wow...great job! (And sad for me that a 39 week prego woman could beat me running a mile...ah well. :)

Tina said...

congrats and NICE taste in music!! I think you just became Rob's best friend. If you ever need more running music we can facilitate that need. As for a running partner you might have to find someone else a little more motivated. But, music we can handle that.

Big Mama said...

So Shauna, that is sooooo awesome that you didn't tell anyone about being pregnant! Seriously, I laughed so hard when I heard it! I always told Jason that if we lived far away, that I wouldn't tell anyone until we had a month left. But we've never lived far enough away to do that. Welcome Daisy Girl! She is sooooo cute!!! Glad to see all is well. I love the name too! Also, congrats on the 100 miles. i don't know how you did it.... but you rock!! And Ben, what a wonderful husband you are to always love and support your wife and encourage her. Anata wa benji no unchi... hahah is that how you say it? I forgot! Well, I'm glad to see all is well with the Taylor family and that life is wonderful for you all!! Congrats on everything! Love you all!!